Quiver Tip Sets & And All That Good Stuff.

HERUTILUS

Just goes to show the different preferences that people have. The first thing I do with my tips is paint them white then put dayglo orange bands around each ring. Certainly shows up any movement and not so tiring on the eyes.

post-8110-1299257959_thumb.jpg

I tried Budgie's advice with the PTFE tape and it's spot on. You only need an inch or so for each stripe and then you rotate the stripe between a finger and thumb to warm and mould the stripe so it forms neatly.

Much quicker than paint and far neater I'd imagine. Might be wrong, seeing as I have no idea of what paint you're using or your painting skills but I found it very quick and rewarding.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

I tried Budgie's advice with the PTFE tape and it's spot on. You only need an inch or so for each stripe and then you rotate the stripe between a finger and thumb to warm and mould the stripe so it forms neatly.

Much quicker than paint and far neater I'd imagine. Might be wrong, seeing as I have no idea of what paint you're using or your painting skills but I found it very quick and rewarding.

Just use white emulsion to coat and give a good base for bog standard dayglo orange float paint. The white undercoat makes the orange stand out. If you want to be neat then use a bit of pvc or ptfe tape wrapped round before you paint the orange stripes or whatever colour is your preference. My painting skills are minimal so the wife tells me :D

Cheers but I like the PTFE. It's quick and easy to replace and I don't see orange to well when it starts getting dull. I'm light sensitive now and my eyes just don't see certain colours the way they used to.

My eyesight changes by the day. Sometimes my vision is nigh on perfect, on other days it's blurry and I need my specs but I think everything is slightly muted regardless.

I'm sure the world used to be brighter....sniff!

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...