Fishing weather

Guest Steve Burke

Guest BUDGIE

Come on then Chris,lets know how to buy one of your charts!I also have been fairly sure for some time that the moon affects fishing.I have always just limited this to avoiding full moons for my night fishing.Unless my customers want different I always try to arrange my foreign Cat trips to avoid the full moon.I would be interested to see exactly how you feel it works.If you want to send me a freebie I will put it up at our French base (we have customers out every day through the season)and I will ask Luke to mark our catch details on it.It would be interesting to see how it matchs up.

Guest Adrian

Chris.

I would be interested in a chart . I think I would also like one for the boss, so he could arrange my days off accordingly !

Cheers Adrian.

Guest Simon Newbould

Hey Elton,

Looks to me like this thread has turned into a blatant, hard sell advertisement for Mr Lyons' Moon Phase chart!!...

What the hell's going on here?

Not impressed..

Simon.

Guest Elton
Originally posted by Simon Newbould:

Hey Elton,

Looks to me like this thread has turned into a blatant, hard sell advertisement for Mr Lyons' Moon Phase chart!!...

What the hell's going on here?

Not impressed..

Simon.

Hi Simon,

I must admit to not reading all the threads that I've missed whilst I've been away, but I can only see one mention of the chart in this thread, with no contact details or price, etc.

As for my input, I lead such a hectic life that I'll go fishing whenever I have the 'free' time. I'd love to be able to pick and choose, but I'm at that stage of my life when I'm, hopefully, working towards a secure future. Therefore, I'd rather not know if I'm going to blank, whether it be due to the weather, charts, or whatever. Think about it - the alternative would be staying at home doing the gardening, or, God forbid, housework!

When I retire, I'll become more of a studious angler. Until then, I'll get it when I can biggrin.gif

Tight Lines,

Elton

------------------

Elton Murphy

Anglers' Net

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk

Guest chris lyons

Dear Chris S. CARRY ON YOU REALLY ARE LOWERING THE TONE OF THIS SITE WITH YOUR PATHETIC COMMENTS, HERE AND OVER ON, WHY DO FISH DO THAT? WHAT BUISNESS IS MY FINANCES OF YOURS? PERHAPS YOU WOULD BE SO KIND AS TO PUT YOUR NAME UP. PUT UP OR SHUT IS WHAT I SAY.

Dear BUDGIE As yet I havent much data on CATS. DO you know if cat catches co-incide with conger catches, who favour "slack water"? if there is a link between these two species then I could quite accurately forecast when they are most likely to be active.

Guest RobStubbs

Steve,

The only thing I've ever been able to observe consistently is that fish behave exactly as they want to. For example on the lake I fish(ed) most the carp were more prolific on the sides or the back of the wind - even a new wind. One exception I recall was when it was blowing a big easterly and a couple of us were facing it. Carp were rolling and crashing and coming in closer and closer to us. Unfortunately that was the last day of the season and we had to be off the lake by 10am. Also the very start of the season is always much better than any other time of the season no matter what the weather.

Rob.

Guest Steve Burke

Simon's probably also referring to the postings on another thread about fish crashing (Why do Fish Do That? Last post July 9th).

As I wrote there I believe there could be something in the moon affecting fish feeding. Certainly the US findings I referred to are very interesting.

However, IMO it's only 1 of the many factors that affect the fish, any of which could be equally or even more important, e.g. a severe flood.

Having studied statistics in my youth many mooons ago (sorry!), I wonder whether any statistical analysis has been done on the results. The problem with anecdotal reports of success using a product is that the good results are reported, the bad ones aren't or are glossed over. Just human nature I'm afraid.

Chris has been brave enough to make various predictions based on his theories. It'll be interesting to hear both positive and negative results from readers.

Guest Steve Burke

Simon's probably also referring to the postings on another thread about fish crashing (Why do Fish Do That? Last post July 9th).

As I wrote there I believe there could be something in the moon affecting fish feeding. Certainly the US findings I referred to are very interesting.

However, IMO it's only 1 of the many factors that affect the fish, any of which could be equally or even more important, e.g. a severe flood.

Having studied statistics in my youth many mooons ago (sorry!), I wonder whether any statistical analysis has been done on the results. The problem with anecdotal reports of success using a product is that the good results are reported, the bad ones aren't or are glossed over. Just human nature I'm afraid.

Chris has been brave enough to make various predictions based on his theories. It'll be interesting to hear both positive and negative results from readers.

Guest Gaffer

Hi all, IMO there are a lot of variables with fishing as you all know, the weather and moon are just two of them.

Let me put it this way, if there are say 10 variables equaling 100%, that's 10% per variable.

If you get the weather and moon bit right then you are 20% there.Then if you've got the bait right, that's another 10% and so on.

If you want to be sure to catch then the nearer you are to the 100% the better.

Also I think that fisher-folk have differing variables and percentages in their own minds.

Each to their own I suppose, personally I believe anything if I think it'll give me an edge! wink.gif

All the best,

Gaffer.