Home Farm Fisheries, Alsager

carp chris

Hi, Im doing a 24hr session on the specimen lake at Home Farm Fisheries (in Alsager) next week. But I've never been before, so

if anyones got any tips or advise on what baits to use etc, i'd appreciate it. cheers

Ps. when I was chatting to the chap at the fishery about what swim I want he said he'll put me near the willow tree's if that

make sense to anyone.

That sounds like a good pitch, opposite the island. It's only a small, shallow water and one of the biggest problems at weekends is other anglers casting across your lines.

I no longer fish there since all the big cats have gone in, but used to do ok on small (10mm) boilies or halibut pellets for the carp, or popped-up lobworm for the perch - or the cats!

An enormous amount of feed goes into that pool , so no need to fill it in further - just a few freebies should be sufficient.

Good luck!

That sounds like a good pitch, opposite the island. It's only a small, shallow water and one of the biggest problems at weekends is other anglers casting across your lines.

I no longer fish there since all the big cats have gone in, but used to do ok on small (10mm) boilies or halibut pellets for the carp, or popped-up lobworm for the perch - or the cats!

An enormous amount of feed goes into that pool , so no need to fill it in further - just a few freebies should be sufficient.

Good luck!

Cheers for the imput I'll try those 10mm you mentioned.