Clubs

Craig Robins

Wakefield AC. have 2,000 members. The year book runs January to December 20 pounds Adult and a tenner concessions.A good junior section. Members of the NFA, so they fish the junior, intermediate and cadet Nationals. They have plenty of small lakes, big lakes, river, canals. It's all local too. Are you moving up this end?

The river Calder has transformed in the last 5 years, its teeming with roach.

I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow - creature, let me do it now, let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.

There is a good tackle shop in Pontefract. It used to be near the bus station but has recently moved. I can't even remember the name of it. He's the man you need to speak to. You've got the Aire & Calder canal on your doorstep and the river Aire is fished regular but it's DEEP but full of roach. Pontefract park lake is day ticket run by the council, that's decent. Chambers tackle shop in Featherstone is a right shop. Wakefield books can be purchased there and a few other local club's books too.

I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow - creature, let me do it now, let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.

John Ellison:

There is a good tackle shop in Pontefract. It used to be near the bus station but has recently moved. I can't even remember the name of it. He's the man you need to speak to. You've got the Aire & Calder canal on your doorstep and the river Aire is fished regular but it's DEEP but full of roach. Pontefract park lake is day ticket run by the council, that's decent. Chambers tackle shop in Featherstone is a right shop. Wakefield books can be purchased there and a few other local club's books too.

Hey John,

I have heard about a tackle shop in Pontefract but have never seen it.

I would go on the Aire as there is matches every sunday but my mum and dad wont let me as the current is very fast.

I will try searching for the tackle shop is it still in Pontefract centre?

[ 15. December 2002, 10:06 AM: Message edited by: Craig Robins ]