Commercial Artificial River

davidP

Jim Roper:

Am I right with my impression that the two Peters can't get there views published in the Angling Times?

Or is it just perception, perception, perception?

Jim Roper

http://www.searchlineuk.com/FishList.htm

Morning Jim, I've got loads of Polaris Floats, and had loads of 'em, all from Angling Times!! So there! :)

Peter Sharpe:

Sadly, I think that these days, Angling Times produce the graphics first, and then try to cobble together an article to go with them. It's all style and no content.

Spot on! Since the revamp I've bought it just three times. Mimimal content is there, somewhere, hidden amongst the peripheral padding. Meanwhile, a change of editor at Anglers Mail has seen a good weekly become a better weekly.

P.S. The two Peters are not working in tandam. Just that the name imbues a high degree of perceptive intelligence on the bearers of said moniker :D :cool:

[ 25. September 2002, 08:40 AM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]

Peter Waller:

Morning Jim, I've got loads of Polaris Floats, and had loads of 'em, all from Angling Times!! So there!   :)

There you go!

Just shows how perception can be wrong.

Haven't bought an Angling Times for perhaps 30 years, so I don't know anything about the Polaris Floats bit. Do you get one free with some issues, or do you get one if they publish your letter?

What do Anglers Mail give you?

"Let them Drag Hunt" was attributed to someone called Cherie Antionette on Sunday.

Jim Roper

http://www.searchlineuk.com/FishList.htm

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Peter Sharpe:

Sadly, I think that these days, Angling Times produce the graphics first, and then try to cobble together an article to go with them. It's all style and no content.

Actually in this instance they say it's already under contruction in north Lincolnshire as part of a 500 peg complex, and is the brainchild of Bryn Ilsley who used to run Badger International. The plans are not finalised but the current plan is as described. Your sentiment is not far off the usual mark though sadly

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are fictitious. Any similarities to real

opinions, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.

We already have such a river in Lincolnshire, but it obviously has teething problems. The pump above Stamford has been working in reverse for some time now, but I'm sure the fishing will be great when they get it flowing in the right direction. Look out for it, it's called the Welland at present, but this may change as soon as a suitable sponsorship deal has been arranged.

The originators of the above scheme are also hard at work creating the world's longest bowling green complex. Named The River Glen in keeping with a mysterious name that appears on some maps, this long corridor of greenery is a bit overgrown at the moment, but should produce several miles of lush, sheltered lawns as soon as the mowers have been to work.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.