Who's for the Severn at Kempsey?

Guest Graham E

Guest Graham E

Well it's a BIG river and the Anchor Landlord needs some business so any of you fisherfolk fancy a day in Feb on the Severn.

I know nothing about tackle/tecunique here so maybe Alan or Gordon or Steve could guide us for a Day. ( FOC!!)Any takers?

to this UP North venue.

Guest Scott.Ashworth

Graham,

i'd love to give it a go. I've yet to catch a Barbel,it's one of the three fish that i really must try to catch. Barbel,zander and catfish are the targets as well as trying to get a 5lb eel,20lb pike,20lb carp,2lb roach,the list could go on & on. Please let me know if you do manage to sort anything out for the Severn or anywhere else as i'd love the chance to get into the Barbel with someone who knows what they're talking about,

Cheers,

------------------

Ashy

Guest Graham E

Hi Scott.

I know nothing about the Severn, need to learn myself so don't want to get your hopes up, but trust one of the regulars on this site can help on the day. I will be offering to take a few AnglersNetters to St Pats sometime in Nov and will post nearer date. I do know that river!

Scott if you really want to catch a barbel read my article" So you want to catch a Barbel" They are NOT difficult believe me.

[This message has been edited by Graham E (edited 27 October 2000).]

Guest kelvin wood

yeah im up for it i, fish the severn now and again .It is a "big" river but dont let that put you off,just treat at the same as any other water.The places i go to are stuffed full of fish with some really good roach as well.My faveorite swims are the ones featured on "TOTAL FISHING" where you never know what is coming nextNever fished kempsey most of the best swims on the middle severn have a pub by em if you find the going too hard! cool.gif

------------------

carper

[This message has been edited by kelvin wood (edited 28 October 2000).]

Guest thecarpangler

I can testify that barbel are easy to catch.

Read my article on FishingMagic about the Severn.

I won't post the URL, don't want to upset the moderators......

------------------

The carp and occasional barbel angler

aka BIG RIK

mailto:carp.angler@talk21.comcarp.angler@talk21.com

Guest moonman

brilliant, count me in. Any idea of a date?

for any body planning a trip to the Wye it is just leaving its banks in Hereford, with more water to go in than the last couple of days! Looks like a very severe flood is on the cards.