match fishing canals

ian3444

im a bit unsure on feeding technique on a canal ive started fishing matches over last sesson and have been finding it difficult im sure its down to bait mix and feeding i tend to put too much emphasis on groundbait i really wont to get some good result this sesson ive been practicing on my local canal im gettin better but i not sure on bait mixin i.e maggot and caster caster and hemp pinky and maggot if anyone can point me in the right direction if bites arnt forthcoming please let me no

Your feeding should depend a lot on the main species and also the time of year,Is it a known big fish water or mainly sliver's,how many lines are you feeding,are you useing the right type of groundbait for the fish your after.If you can give us some info on the canal in question I'll try and help you out.

I usually mix up about...

50% Brown bread crumb

20% Sensas 3000 for Silverfish

20% Sensas Explosive Feeder or Magic

10% PVA Colant and sometimes a handful of earth from the bank.

To this I add...

Frozen Maggots (every time)

Liquidised tinned Sweetcorn (if using as a hookbait)..the liquid as a flavour/binder.

Whole sweetcorn (if using as a hookbait)

Hemp (if the fishing is slow)

Casters (if I,m specifically targeting big Roach or Bream)

Fishmeal (specifically for Bream)

Breadflakes (especially in Summer)

Additives (Van den Eynde Liqiud pellet or Strawberry in Summer, Turmeric in Winter)

AFinalAnimation.gifARNO3010Logo7280.gif

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

thanks folks im going to be fishing bridgewater canal soon not sure which part at the minute ive been told its silverfish and chub water im off on a practice run with some freinds next week to test the water out they havent fished it before and ive been old there are a few chub there but if there are quite a few of us fishing i dont think i should target them

The chub and carp will stay near features, boats, bushes etc on the far bank.

Down the middle or near turning bays you may find bream, bigger roach and perch.

Down the inside you should find small roach, skimmers and perch.

It all depends on which peg you fish.

Feed casters to the far bank. But try a single grain of corn at the start of the match as this is an insant bait and may lure a carp or tench.

Groundbait or chopped worm/caster in the middle if you think there is a chance of skimmers and bream.

Start with liquidised bread and punched bread on the inside line. When the bites dry up switch to pinkies.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!