FIELD BOOTS

MikeyP

I'm looking to get myself a proper pair of boots and am not sure whether to get a pair of decent wellies or field boots. I was looking at the Wychwood Lunkers which at £40 don't seem too bad. Any suggestions?

If you are going to walk miles of bank then go for field boots. I have a pair of 'Prologic' which, when compared with others on the market, were clearly as well made and only £29.00 as opposed to £40.00. Scores of miles later and I'm well pleased with mine.

Don't buy the Skeetex ones, I'm not impressed with mine at all.

Paul

Tinca61:

Don't buy the Skeetex ones, I'm not impressed with mine at all.   :(

Which type don't you get on with, the Skeetex wellies or the Skeetex 'Deri-boot' type?

I've got both and prefer the 'Deri-boot' type from Skeetex. In fact I'd go as far to say that they are the best boots I've ever bought.

The Skeetex wellies are ok, but are a killer over long distances. I once had to move my car wearing the wellies, they are so wide that I hit all three peddles at the same time, and it ended in tears!!

Guest Ferret1959
Tinca61:

Don't buy the Skeetex ones, I'm not impressed with mine at all.   :(

What size are they?

I'll give you a tenner for them if you don't want them. :D

I've got a set of field boots, and i've been imperessed with them. I steered away from the wellies because of what i had heard about them.

Not much good if you wanna go wading through the margins but don't half keep your feet warm. :)

"Carp are hard to catch in the winter, that also goes for the spring, summer, and the autumn"

They are the 4 eyelet Field Boots....To qualify what I meant....When I first bought them I soon noticed that they were not at all waterproof. A trip across a wet grass meadow would every time result in wet feet (and I don't mean standing in the 3" of water that Skeetex mean). Inspection of the boots for damage/undone seams etc. always showed nothing wrong with the manufacture etc. They seem well put together. To be fair to the boots they are very comfortable and warm (in the dry), good for mobile fishing, so I've bought myself a pair of 'Porelle Dries' waterproof socks (similar to Sealskinz) and this combination makes them pretty much ideal for my type of fishing...my gripe though is that the advertisements for them promised more.....but it's not the first time I've been suckered by fishing tackle adverts......!!

Paul