One for the Geordie exiles out there !

Snatcher

Whitley Bay FC have made it to the final of the FA Vase at Wembley this year. We have won it for the last 2 years :D so the hat trick is well on. The game is Sunday 08 May. Who would bet against them !! We play Coalville Town.

With this in mind have had a fiddle in Photoshop creating a "Geordie logo" for the occasion. Although its a Whitley Bay occasion my black and white roots won through. :rolleyes:

What you reckon team ?

geordielogo5whitegeordiepix800px.jpg

I pick up my T-shirt with the print on this week :)

John

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Dunno about the outcome marra, but the picture is worth a THOUSAND goals alone!! One of my FAVOURITE scenes that one! Up the Tyne and docking opposite the RNR to ENJOY the hospitality of the good 'ol Geordie lads and LASSES!!

Mind WHO would support a LEICESTER team anyway??

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Pleased you like it Chris :) Just say the word if you want any Newcastle bridges/quayside pictures whizzing down the line. I have hundreds of them !!!! Its nice to be nice as they say :rolleyes:

John

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Just viewed your PIX online and the shot I would like is the "Newcastle Quayside, Tyne Bridges 2" One Snatcher please!! That is not ONLY a belting picture but epitomises the spirit of the whole of the North East too for me! To the right is the berth we always used! But I don't think it is still? There was a ship berthed permanently there which was I think a floating disco?? But it is right opposite the RNR base? BEST run ashore in the UK barring NONE!! If you had a run ashore in Newcastle EVERYONE used to look forward to it!

I met the lass I would have married had I not been wed myself and she was free to marry me! :P She was from Sunderland, but DON'T hold that against her! She was a smashing lass! Marie was her name and London F******s she worked at! (JUST in case anyone knows her!! But I would absolutely LOVE to get back in touch!

Thanks matey, brung back some GOOD memories! Ahh Newcastle Brewery and Joannas Nightclub!! Even discovered KEBABS in Newcastle!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Just viewed your PIX online and the shot I would like is the "Newcastle Quayside, Tyne Bridges 2" One Snatcher please!! That is not ONLY a belting picture but epitomises the spirit of the whole of the North East too for me! To the right is the berth we always used! But I don't think it is still? There was a ship berthed permanently there which was I think a floating disco?? But it is right opposite the RNR base? BEST run ashore in the UK barring NONE!! If you had a run ashore in Newcastle EVERYONE used to look forward to it!

I met the lass I would have married had I not been wed myself and she was free to marry me! :P She was from Sunderland, but DON'T hold that against her! She was a smashing lass! Marie was her name and London F******s she worked at! (JUST in case anyone knows her!! But I would absolutely LOVE to get back in touch!

Thanks matey, brung back some GOOD memories! Ahh Newcastle Brewery and Joannas Nightclub!! Even discovered KEBABS in Newcastle!!

Nice story Chris and I can tell you love the area :) If you PM me your e-mail addy will whiz it down the line mate :rolleyes:

John

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

I met the lass I would have married had I not been wed myself and she was free to marry me! :PShe was from Sunderland, but DON'T hold that against her! She was a smashing lass! Marie was her name and London F******s she worked at! (JUST in case anyone knows her!! But I would absolutely LOVE to get back in touch!

You missed out bigtime there mate. LOL

Edited by Clifftop

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/