Coarse fishing in Stockton-on-Tees?

Julian

Can anybody help this visitor to the site?

-------------------------------------------------

Please can you help me find out about coarse fishing venues in the North-east of England? My husband has always been keen on fishing, but not had the opportunity to do much. He is now 62, has been retired on health grounds, he has problems with his back.

We have just moved to Stockton-on-Tees. I am trying to find out if there are any easily accessible sites locally? I really know very little about fishing and therefore would be grateful for any suggestions you may have.

Thank you, in anticipation

Eleanor Milne

----------------------------------------------------

Cheers, Julian

Mild Mannered Carp Angler By Day…

Read My Blog:Here! View My Gallery: Here!

www.NorthWestcarp.co.uk Home of the Northern Monkey!

Hi

There is lots of fishing around stockton, there is the tees that runs from Yarm right through to the barrage that contains a lot of coarse fish. To fish the Tees around Stockton you need to join a club that is in the Tees alliance I think it is called. There are also a number of lakes and ponds not far from the town as well, it all depends what sort of fishing you want, acessability,etc.

Just down the A19 there are a number of commercial fisheries, the two biggest in the area are Woodlands at carlton minniot near Thirsk and the Oaks at Sessay also not far from Thirsk. There is also Renny lake near East Harlsey just off the A19, very popular with the Teeside anglers. These three are easy to get to with fairly even banks.

There are a number of good tackle shops in the area as well that will give you good info about the local fishing and how to get there.

Happy fishing

If you want any more info just let me know.

Mark

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

i live in thornaby which is the next town on from stockton following the tees.

I fish the tees regularly along its many free stretches as well as the lower tees amalgamation waters and the thornaby angling club waters.

The obvious choice for a day tickit water in this area is woodlands at carton minniot.The nearest bagging pool is renny lake which is best fished when its warm.Go early cos it fills up quick.If you would like more details of areas to fish and which spots on the tees are better than others then drop me a message at

shaun_emac@yahoo.co.uk and il b happy to fill u in.