Whats this?

BrendanH

Its a hybrid - it has no name as it is a mongrel of a fish - that one looks like a fantail / crucian carp cross.

One think that has made me chuckle from other answers are the Its a brown goldfish comments - A goldfish is gold for gods sake (I know that in their natural state they are brown) - Why cant we call then brownfish?

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

I can't see any crucian traits in it at all; goldfish for me. The scale count is on the low side for anything with crucian in it and unconvinced the fantail characteristics would carry over to a hybrid. I've been looking at many hybrids the last few years and it's interesting that special characteristics like mirror scaling or 'golden'versions do not seem to carry over to hybrids. DNA testing would be the only way to be sure.

In the FM article 5 of the pics are mine.

Edited by Mark Wintle