Fishery

Jeff S

The vast majority of my fishing is done on the kind of waters that Dvarcet likes. I too prefer these venues for the same reasons. Apart from the solitude and lack of noise, I like my fishing to be a challenge. I therefore enjoy pioneering new waters where there's a sense of mystery.

However there are times when I just want to catch something - especially after several successive blanks on a difficult water! Then a heavilly stocked water can be fun - and that's an important word!

For the beginner, especially youngsters, they can be ideal as it's much easier for them to catch something. In particular it ensures that we don't lose as many youngsters to modern activities such as computer games etc.

Again, if I want to try out a new idea, a commercial water where I'm going to get plenty of bites is very helpful. Otherwise I won't know if any failure is down to the new idea or just that I've chosen the wrong swim etc on a difficult venue.

Additionally overstocked waters are excellent for big perch. There's usually very few of them but plenty of food in the the way of stunted silver fish. Hardly any anglers target such perch, and like all big fish they thrive on neglect.

So such waters fulfil very valid and useful roles. If they didn't of couse they would quickly go bust.

However perhaps their greatest asset is that leave a lot of beautiful waters almost unfished for the likes of Dvarcet and me!

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net