Australian Fishos

I should have added that i've passed that on to people i know who are on committees.

In South Australia we are currently fighting the government over fishing restrictions.

Last year they were talking about introducing marine parks and asked anyone who fished to log into their website and mark on a map

where they fished the most and they would try and exclude these area from the marine parks.

Governments being what they are they have produced the positions of the marine parks which now include no take zones.

There will be no prizes given for guessing where the no take zones are.

They cover the most popular fishing areas.

strangely or maybe not so strange, not one marine park is off metropolitan Adelaide, maybe, just maybe thats because thats where most of the voters live.

We already have bag and size limits which are bigger than most other states.

Governments suck :angry:

Edited by Clifftop

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/

In South Australia we are currently fighting the government over fishing restrictions.

As are groups around Australia (but largely ignored by the politicos).

That's why a powerful well-resourced national peak body that can tackle the issues on a federal basis is needed, both to meet the greens and their supporters pushing much of the agenda nationally head-on, and to co-ordinate action both nationally and state by state.

I've been trawling the internet for comment on the report, and I'm impressed to find it universally welcomed, perhaps showing a real hunger for something positive to be done.

It's a start.

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

• 1 month later...

Many thanks for that link Leon, not something we would normally see? And I can quite honestly say this, the Australians gain is OUR very sad loss! Martin salter was after all a Labour man. BUT he was also possibly the BIGGEST supporter of anglers this country has and will ever see in Parliament! I hate to say this of a Labour Politician? But I LIKE him!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Hi Leon, the first two links you provided i did watch and forwarded them on to people on committees.

When i checked this morning before posting onto another forum i see martin has removed the first two.

Has he been got at i wonder. :rolleyes:

Edited by Clifftop

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Leon, the first two links you provided i did watch and forwarded them on to people on committees.

When i checked this morning before posting onto another forum i see martin has removed the first two.

Another one

http://www.abc.net.au/rn/australiatalks/st...011/3242655.htm

er, I think they were moved, I found them again on google a couple of weeks ago

Many thanks for that link Leon, not something we would normally see? And I can quite honestly say this, the Australians gain is OUR very sad loss! Martin salter was after all a Labour man. BUT he was also possibly the BIGGEST supporter of anglers this country has and will ever see in Parliament! I hate to say this of a Labour Politician? But I LIKE him!!

He's back in August :)

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust