Forty plusser from the Broads!!!!

Peter Waller

This kind of thing drives me mad. :mad: Someone is fortunate (or has put in the time) to land a big fish. The next thing you know, people arrive en mass to try and catch ... the same big fish. Why ?, what is the point ?

The other week I caught a 3lb Chub (from a local stretch of the Nene) that probably hadn't been fished for before. I'd rather do that than land a 7lb-er a week after someone else did.

Its in Angling Times! I bought my last copy today, when I realised that I had paid £1.20 for a newspaper, sheeeeesssshhhhhhhhhhhh. But anyway, inside it gives the weight as just short of 42 lbs. As it says, she came out of the Bure.

A story of an unlucky angler and a lucky one. The bungalow from where the fish was caught was sold by an angler who was moving nearer, so he thought, to better fishing!

It states that the dyke from where the fish was caught is a private dyke. Ummmmmmm, its also a tidal water!!!!!!! Bang goes someones privecy!

Just travel downstream from Belaugh and where the river becomes impassable due to a flotilla of slow trolling dinghies, well, that marks the spot!!