I lost My Virginity!....

Bilko

...Pike Fishing! :)

Well, it couldn't be the other, I've got 4 kids :D

I can honestly say, thanks to Des, The Piker. Saturday was the best days fishing I have experienced. Saturday was frosty and clear skies emerged from the misty waters which, was like glass. The red sunrise was amazing the sunset beautiful.

I tried for Pike once as a youth and caught nothing. I accidentally caught a 1.5lb Pike while float fishing for Bream etc on 1.5lb line and 18 hook and a single maggot. Again when I was young.

So Saturday Des picked me up and took me off for a day's Pike Fishing I'll not forget.

For me I was looking at the day as a first step in learning. I wasn't going to worry if I didn't catch a Pike. You can read all the books in the world, but you can't beat the experince of being there fishing.

Well the day just kept on getting better. Des catches a Pike of around 8-9lb. Then he gets his fat 25lb 12oz fish, a cracker. My day was made by catching 2 of around 6lb and I can truly say that Pike fishing has most definately got my attention.

Des, You're a gentleman and an excellent fishing companion! Thanks for a great day.

The Pictures are poor quality. the occasion was incredible.

Early on Des gets First Strike

d1.jpg

Des gets his second. A cracker weighing 25lb 12oz

d2.jpg

My First

me1.jpg

My Second

me2.jpg

Sunset

sunset1.jpg

sunset2.jpg

Nice one..I can vouch for Des as a jammy pike catcher..Im going over to fish with him in March (again) he pulled 4 double figure fish in two days last March...biggest 21+ , I got two doubles so its true 'bout luck of the Irish..then he puts me onto a fine brace of tench in Aug too..