Ouse at Buckingham

Rick J

Anyone know about the Ouse at Thornton bridge to Buckingham I know it is run by Buckingham & district angling association, what I would like to know this there any hot spots as I have been told there are some big perch and roach can any one confirm this.

Thanks

Rick J

I'm afraid that hot spots on that bit of river take time, effort and observation to locate. It is unlikely that anyone would divulge them to someone they don't know. I used to find my hot spots there by creeping along the bank and spotting fish. Once I had located them I would then go back with tackle. Most Upper Ouse fish are easily spooked so you must keep out of sight and it is best to wear soft shoes. I used to wear carpet slippers. If you want to find perch I suggest that you try a bit of spinning.

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

As Chev says,it takes time,i fish the radwell section and if you do find a good swim most people keep it to themselves,but saying that i do tell my close friends!!!!!!!!!

"Dont **** in the pool,and then tell me you"ve swallowed some water".

Hi Rizla, I have sent you a private message.

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

chevin:

It is unlikely that anyone would divulge them to someone they don't know.  

WOW, how about that! Rizla made it obvious that he knew me in his last post and upon checking up I found him to be a friend with whom I used to fish over 40 years ago!

Rizla is a regular guy and a good angler who would not divulge information given to him to others, so if anyone felt that they can help him in any way,I am sure that he would be greatly appreciative of a PM on the matter.

• 4 years later...
Anyone know about the Ouse at Thornton bridge to Buckingham I know it is run by Buckingham & district angling association, what I would like to know this there any hot spots as I have been told there are some big perch and roach can any one confirm this.

Thanks

The first couple of swims below the bridge are a good place to start for perch,chub, bream and roach on lobs tight to the bank. But be careful as its often very slippy and after high water the bank breaks up.