"How To..." Articles?

Guest Elton

Guest gray-catchpole

i have had a look around, and seen some of budgies, they are exelent,

ide like to see one of the making of the backdrop bite alarm, with the wiring diagrams smile.gif

------------------

gray-catchpole

http://catchpole.cjb.net

Originally posted by Graham E:

No wonder they fight so hard on that river of yours Jonty, by the time you have caught another you've forgotten about the tussle before!

True, true - having come into river fishing late, it is hard work trying to get used to the fact that I don't catch virtually every time out, like I used to be able to when I was carp fishing. I know that sounds big-headed, but it's the truth - we had a superb bait, efficient rigs, and years of experience of the water and it's moods. Now, I've had to start all over again. Next step is to try to get those barbel onto the carp bait !!

By the way, I bet Barry Norris will confirm all you have heard about the way the Dove barbel scrap, Graham.

Jonty

Guest BUDGIE

Great idea.As you may or may not know I have been writing a regular feature for http://www.FISHINGmagic.com called Tackle Workshop for some time.I was a bit dubious about wether any one would find it interesting when Graham first suggested it.Much to my amazement it has become one of the most visited pages on the site!I am no writer either!A lot of people knock "how to articles" but I think they are always of interest to some one no matter what level they are pitched at.As I have said many times in the past even a beginner can have some thing of interest to show even an experienced angler.None of us ever stop learning. May I sugest that even if you are new to the sport,if you have some thing that works for you then send it in.Even if people have a better way you will still benifit as they will no doubt write in to tell!Also remember that what may seem obvious to you may be a blinding revalation to others!

Guest BUDGIE

BTW just had a look at Gaffers article.This is great just the formatt that will make this thing work.And Gray I will be putting up a Electric Backbiter "how to make" soon.There is a diagram on the site allready if you can not wait.

Budgie's summed it up pretty well.

The internet is full of people who now have this supposed access to a wealth of information at a fraction of the cost of buying every magazine in WHSmiths. However, that wealth of information can, at times, be very hard to find. It seems that many people have forgotten that we all started somewhere. In fact, many of us (me included) are starting to broaden our horizons and are starting in different areas of the sport that are totally new to us - bog standard, back to basics, idiot-proof articles are like a breath of fresh air.

What you've also got to remember here is that people browsing the web don't have to read an article if they don't want to. It's one of the advantages that sites have over mags - you don't have to pay for the bits you don't want. Having said that, i still always read a fishing magazine on the loo or in the bath (cue the 'once a year then, Elton' jokes biggrin.gif)

All the best,

Elton

------------------

Elton Murphy

Anglers' Net