My last two days.

medwaygreen

My last two days (cannot fish today having patio slabs delivered) were spent on the River Beult and The Cut( club waters).

I had intended to use my new center pin on Monday, but when i arrived at the River there was no flow in the section that i choose to fish so it was the Daiwa 123M with 3lbs on my Maver 14ft to start my River session off.

Chosen swim.

IMG_0041.jpg

The session started with two chub within the first 30 Min's, not large about 8ozs, but wonderful looking fish in great condition.

During the session i caught on a regular basis throughout with a mixed bag of Chub, Roach, Bream and Perch, i ended up with some 15 fish and went home very happy after spending 8 hours on a almost deserted River heaven.

IMG_0040.jpg

IMG_0042.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

Yesterday i decided to fish a club water called the Cut only fish this water about two or three times in the summer, i do not know why as it is a beautiful quite place to fish.

I was after some of the big Tench that are present, started fish with 6lbs with 10 hooks and either four maggots of three sweetcorn on and still was catching 3inch perch, had so many i last count, the one Tench take that i had at about 10am was a big fish that broke me as i tried to turn her away from some weeds, still the venue was fantastic and the week apart from today is turning out very well roll on Thursday for my next session.

The Cut

IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg

Edited by medwaygreen

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

Hi MG,

I've been filling in time on The Cut, during the river close season (it looks like a river!).

See: http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/index.p...p;showentry=243

In fact after some heavy rain recently, there was quite a flow down between the bushes where it narrows up towards the top end.

I was on a recce checking out a mark on the Medway for some potential saltwater fishing, so didn't have my rods with me, but that flow had me driving back from Rainham after lunch, by which time the flow had ceased (but I still bagged up on smallish perch and some fairly decent roach)

I rather fancy a trip down to fish for the tench on the Rother at Newingdon soon.

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Just come across this post; the cut is famous for big tench and is quite a delightful place to fish, it's a pity we will be losing it to gravel extraction in the next few years.

I had the same problems in losing big Tench on 6lb line as Medwaygreen, when I fished there a few years ago with him and Karl Douglas, the marginal weed does cause problems and I know have stepped up to 2.25lb test rods and 10lb line when fishing there for Tench these days.

Leon I know we have already discussed this but the Beult at Hunton I believe would be a better bet than Newenden if it is Big Tench you are after, that said I had my biggest male tench, a 5.5lb fish, at Newenden.

Tony

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.