Think Big

Alan Stubbs

CONGRATULATIONS Alan may your successes in this area grow and grow.

Thanks, Rod, I should be able to put the company record of the day up here once it's been signed off.

We're in discussions abount setting up a junior academy - with the help of the coaches - and a couple of us are going to enrol on a course to qualify as coaches.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

Well done, Alan! I've been pushing the 'take a kid fishing' thing for years! It teaches them so much -and they have fun at the same time. I've been in trub this week because I encouraged the young son of a friend to badger his father into taking him and now both he and his dad are obsessed! His mum reckons it's all my fault. Joyce has read my books, because she thought they might help her to cope, but now she knows what could be in store for her, she's on serious chocolate therapy. :-)

Sounds like you had a brilliant time - and there'll be more to come in the future. Shame you're so far away, or I'd join in! :-) x

I've seen the photographs, and can't decide whose smiles were broader - the students or the helpers!

When signed off, I'll post them. Some of the trophy shots won't pass muster as the captors have actually dared to laugh and smile at the camera.

Edited by Alan Stubbs

Just been told by the company that they really want this to take off, and have told a couple of us to get ourselves qualified as coaches. We've been given the budget.

Somehow, I can't see me changing company soon.

Well done, Alan! I've been pushing the 'take a kid fishing' thing for years! It teaches them so much -and they have fun at the same time. I've been in trub this week because I encouraged the young son of a friend to badger his father into taking him and now both he and his dad are obsessed! His mum reckons it's all my fault. Joyce has read my books, because she thought they might help her to cope, but now she knows what could be in store for her, she's on serious chocolate therapy. :-)

Sounds like you had a brilliant time - and there'll be more to come in the future. Shame you're so far away, or I'd join in! :-) x

Dear Ms Chocoholic,

Your friend overlooks the positives....

She can't enjoy the solace and freedom from man-talk and then complain about the fishing..... and not have ot share the chocolate!

A xx

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow alan i didnt realise you had a part to play in this , i can remember reading obout this a while back glad to know i can talk to some one who knows how to teach some one

HONOR IS DOING THE RIGHT THING, EVEN WHEN NOBODY IS LOOKING ...

Laugh and the world laughs with you; weep, and you weep alone.

"Yes, I will do the opposite. I used to sit here and do nothing and regret it for the rest of the day. So now i will do the opposite, and i will do something..." George Costanza