Zander Cull

Guest JackPike

Z's like every other introduced species are here to stay. Culling can only delay the adjustment of the ecosystem and create uncontrolled shifts between predators and prey which does nothing for the long term helth of the fishery.

Anyone looking to target Z's in the mids canals should be aware that BWB is already engaged in culling. I e-mailed them to try to find out if there were any local unculled stretches near me but despite a three week wait, have had no reply.

Perhaps the money could have been better spent removing the toxic sludge from many of these waters that is a relic of the industrial relovution (as happened a couple of years ago in the Gas St basin area of Birmingham) instead of removing one of the very few fish to grow to a sporting size in a canal enviroment.

Guest andy jack

Ouch that was a bit personal.

For the record I am not some instant carp angler I have been fishing for virtually all my life. My apprenticeship was done the hard way fishing difficult waters in the north of England. Yes I have caught many other fish species including preditors. My path has simply taken me in a different direction than yours. No I have not led a sheltered life, my comment about the post man was a joke(remember them). It was obviously wasted upon you.

Me I am perfectly happy with my fishing and I have no problem with other anglers irrespective of which branch of the sport they chose to follow. Can you say the same hand on heart?

I will apologise for disrupting your thread but you can sleep easy in the knowledge that I wont make the same mistake twice.

[This message has been edited by andy jack (edited 18 February 2001).]

Guest JackPike

Quite right Andy Jack each to their own.I do fish for other speices,there are several but not many I have not caught. Beleive it or not I used to go Carp fishing LoL Good Fishing Mate J.P