Spiderwire "Stealth" braid

SpiderStealthsm.jpg

Anyone used any of this stuff? If so, what's it like? How does it compare with other braids you've used, and on price too?

Any info would be gratefully received before I take the plunge. Word-is that it's just badge (i.e. box) engineering of an existing Berkley braid ... true or false? :confused:

DG

DG,

A berkley rep gave me a spool of the 30 pound test Stealth. I put it on my reel and headed out to go test it. I didn't even get one cast out of it. I throw my lure out and in mid air the line snapped at the reel. I never saw that lure again and I never tried SpiderWire Stealth again.

A week or two later I saw the rep that gave me the line, so I told him what happened. He said "Hmm that's weird, you are the third person to tell me that already."

So I decided to stick with PowerPro because I have never had a bad experience with it.

If you try Stealth, let me know how you do.

JT Bagwell

Contact me any time: Facebook.com/Bagwell or Facebook.com/BagwellsBassTactics or Twitter.com/JeremiahBagwell

I believe that whiplash was the old Gorilla braid repackaged as it was the same colour and constructed in the same loose weave. I'd be interested to know if this is anything different, but I am slightly sceptical - for a change

Tim

quote:

Originally posted by Jeremiah T. Bagwell:

DG,

A berkley rep gave me a spool of the 30 pound test Stealth. I put it on my reel and headed out to go test it. I didn't even get one cast out of it. I throw my lure out and in mid air the line snapped at the reel. I never saw that lure again and I never tried SpiderWire Stealth again.

A week or two later I saw the rep that gave me the line, so I told him what happened. He said "Hmm that's weird, you are the third person to tell me that already."

If you try Stealth, let me know how you do.

JT Bagwell

JTB

Hmmmh! Thanks for that info --- very worrying, though.

I wonder if they did anything as a result of the feedback from you and other top US lure-anglers? Let's hope so. Meantime, I think I'll hang fire, or maybe email them and ask them about these probs

Thanks again, JTB

DG

[ 12. July 2003, 08:54 AM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]