Chatsworth, anyone going?

Peter Waller

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went in the rain on Sunday. Really enjoyed it. I picked up a few bits and bobs and sat through some interesting displays. i must agree about the quality of the new Matt hayes rods they look fantastic (it was nice to see him there flogging them too). The best stall? it had to be the dude flogging the hot welsh pasties, i think they were called oggies! :P

Never tried an Oggie......what are the like? Had a bacon and egg sandwich for my breakfast that was nice!

The only problem was Wickford angling stall. The reel i purchased was advertised as having a spare spool but when I got home all a got was just the reel......no spare spool at all. Nice reel though. Ive sent a complaint via email.

Beef, potatoe, onion and gravy in pastry. Much like any other pasty actually, but it was the size that impressed me. I think it was probably a pasty pb for me! Oh, and it was raining and i was freezing cold so it warmed me cockles.

ahh bisto

did anyone venture to the EA stand . . did you find any freebies ??

also what was the crack with the glossy mag brigade . . lucky dip for a pound . . eeeh I remember when chatsworth were all fields and the mags were free !

anyone buy a carp reel from Used tackle for twenty notes - I did at the Donny show. It's a bait runner and has that techninolgy for line lay what is it called

osi...oscil...oscila...all ends up at one end of the spool !!!

ah well live and learn

hey waddaya know I can spell tomato !

Yep, the EA had freebies!! Or was I meant to pay :confused:

Cheapo carp reels where the line bunches at one end of the spool. You might need to put a washer or two on the spindle under the spool.

Freebies, ummm, yes, there was a shortage. The boat people were dishing out leaflets though. Did you see the Advantage Wetlands Camo Boat? Looked the biz, for autumn fishing when the reeds are dying back and sandy yellow coloured. But when the reeds, weeds and trees are green?

Those Oggies, all pipes, whistles, gristle and fat! Tasty though, great heart food!!