Anyone into "Joomla" at all?

Just happened along this again. I looked at it a while ago and it looks I don't know really? Possibly a BIT over my head?? But I really must get to grips with something and this seems as good as anything and it is free, so just wondered if anyone else is a user and may want to offer some pointers? What to do and what NOT to do for now??

Erm, now had a moment to "reflect" and decided that I don't actually WANT to know anything about it!! An easy start for beginners it said? WHAT THE CHUFF! I reckon bloody Einstein would have struggled!

Thanks but NO thanks.

Edited by Chris Goddard

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

lol, it is a bit of a beast to get to grips with, im still developing a website with Joomla but im customising it a lot. if you can get to grips with it then it is a really really good system to use as the community base who develop modules for it (plugins) is absolutely massive so joomlas uses are endless.

is it a content management system your looking for, i would recommend "CMS Made Simple" it has modules you can add on to your website like taking donations or selling things but it is far far simpler and user friendly

Edited by Andy_1984

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

OOOOH! I tried and I don't like!! As you say Andy a BIT heavy for me! Just trying a free serving of "coffee cup I seem to remember it from Ages ago, but it seems to be easier and more refined now? So see how we go.

Thanks

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

OOOOH! I tried and I don't like!! As you say Andy a BIT heavy for me! Just trying a free serving of "coffee cup I seem to remember it from Ages ago, but it seems to be easier and more refined now? So see how we go.

Thanks

coffee cup is an advanced code editor(like dreamweaver) not a ready to install content management system if memory serves, unless something has changed in the past few years

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Well it certainly LOOKS nice! I got the whole package to try out so I'm going to have a look later.

Just clicked on a banner link on the page, BLUE VODA!! Everything I HATE about things like that!! It opens in same window, so I lose my A/Net page and some silly bint comes on spouting from a video in a most unwelcome tone!! I would no more be interested in that than I woudl plucking out my eyes! I think though I may have to stick to my Serif Webplus! At least I can understand some of it! Just an easy life is all I ask......

Chris Goddard

anything to do with websites is seldom easy. i really want to change my main skill to some good old manual labor in the great outdoors.

Andy, be VERY careful lest you get what you ask for my friend!! I am at 54 years old on the scrap pile due to the very labour intensive job you seek! My back is totally shot (Been nursing a BAD case of Sciatica for 3 weeks now and best I can do is stand up for around 20 seconds at a time!) Rest of me the bloody arthritis has got to! So do be careful what you wish for? Better the devil you know.

Chris Goddard