Lymington

SMOOTHOUND

Hi,can anyone help? Has anyone got info.on where to fish,at what state of tide,and where to park?

Took a reccy there at the weekend and weather was a bit on the blowy side so didnt see many anglers.

any help would be gratefully recieved, also any camp sites worthy of my presence.

We each pay a fabulous price for our visions of paradise.

Nice Mullet in the harbour but you can only fish at the bottom of the town. It's difficult because of all the marinas as you can't fish near them. Beach,round towards Milford on Sea but be prepared for a long walk!!!

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

Nice Mullet in the harbour but you can only fish at the bottom of the town. It's difficult because of all the marinas as you can't fish near them. Beach,round towards Milford on Sea but be prepared for a long walk!!!

lyn

Despite only living a couple of miles from Milford I know nothing of sea fishing, but there is free parking close to Milford Beach @ SZ299908 - this also gives easy access to Hurst Spit which is regularly fished - there is also a ferry close by which runs from Keyhaven Harbour out to Hurst Castle - also regularly fished.

Despite only living a couple of miles from Milford I know nothing of sea fishing, but there is free parking close to Milford Beach @ SZ299908 - this also gives easy access to Hurst Spit which is regularly fished - there is also a ferry close by which runs from Keyhaven Harbour out to Hurst Castle - also regularly fished.

Free parking! i don"t believe it, thanks Lyn and ayjay may check this out some time in the near future

is it still free parking?

Free parking! i don"t believe it,

is it still free parking?

Yup. B)

Drive through Milford towards Keyhaven, take a right into New Lane (it's a narrow road) go past Carrington Caravan site which is on your right, a little further on the roadside verge is wide enough to park on - don't park on the right hand side - I have seen tickets issued to cars parked there - parking on the left is fine, there are more spaces if you go further on around the sharp left hand bend into Saltgrass Lane - high tides can come up pretty close to your door cills once you've gone around the bend though, needless to say it is a popular spot with walkers, birders, kitesurfers, windsurfers, yakkers, anglers and just gawpers.

That's the sea, bottom left of pic - (any kitesurfers will be at bottom right if it's windy and the tide's in)

cut_bridge-r.jpg

Yup. B)

Drive through Milford towards Keyhaven, take a right into New Lane (it's a narrow road) go past Carrington Caravan site which is on your right, a little further on the roadside verge is wide enough to park on - don't park on the right hand side - I have seen tickets issued to cars parked there - parking on the left is fine, there are more spaces if you go further on around the sharp left hand bend into Saltgrass Lane - high tides can come up pretty close to your door cills once you've gone around the bend though, needless to say it is a popular spot with walkers, birders, kitesurfers, windsurfers, yakkers, anglers and just gawpers.

That's the sea, bottom left of pic - (any kitesurfers will be at bottom right if it's windy and the tide's in)

cut_bridge-r.jpg

That looks good,thanks once again.