wary chub?

danny29

i went chub fishing i my local canal on sunday and caught five in cluding a nice sized one of 4 lb but i was wondering how can ikeep on ctaching them thorugh the day becasue i caught all five at dawn then it just stopped does have any tips on stuff to keep em biting thanks

i.e flavours ground baits rigs cheers

fishing rocks

I would try lightly feeding the area for a couple of weeks with a selection of 'Chubby' baits. Even try to make these visits at the same time, every day, if possible.

Give them plenty of choices. Don't get them fixated on one bait. Stalk your way in as close to the swim as possible and throw the awaiting Chub, slugs, smashed snails, worms, maggots, freshly killed minnows, bits of paste, corn, chunks of mackerel, cheese, berries......anything. Lots of variety but a little of each.

Basically, you want to try and 'train' these fish to have a go at almost any free offering with confidence.

Once you're confident that your chosen fish have become 'trained', sneak your way into the swim, armed with a rod and a selection of baits and see if your dinner guests are waiting to be served.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

danny,

chub indeed alot of fish feed at dawn and dusk in summer,at either end its usualy alot cooler than during the day,you may have just found when they feed.

if i were you i'd go down at dawn fish till they stop feeding,then quitely bait up that spot,and phrahps one or two thers to fall back on.

then bugger off! go look for fish or go back to bed whatever,just leae teh swim well alone,go back an hour before dark, get a bait back in postion and await...

chub are naturally wary mate,the best thing to remember is if they cant see you and dont know your there,they are alot eaiser to catch, even on quite crude/strong tackle.

however pre-baiting as andy has said is a very very effective tatic and should not be ignored,i would however stay on one or two baits only.(in effect i am telling you to pre-bait above in my post!)

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!