Looking for a day of Pike and Perch fishing near London

dooly

Are there any ponds/lakes/rivers within 1-2 hrs of central london (the closer the better) where i am allowed to target Pike, Perch and Chub (in that order) using only artificial lures like plugs and/or jigs (no flies). i dont mind swapping my trebles for single barbless hooks if that help to bypass any rules about trebles. i usually dont just fish one spot but prefer to move around if the lakes are big enough. as mentioned in my intro i prefer to release my fish as long as they are not injured, is this ok in London? so far ive read about tooting common and wandsworth but evrything i find is about carp not predators and i cant seem to find where to buy a licensce for the pond ( the EA licence i will get from tghe post office). i would only be fishing for 1 or 2 days with a friend and would like to make the most of it. thanks for any help i can get! :thumbs:

Thanks Budgie! i will defiitely give it a try. i was also told that most relaxed carp fisherman dont like people who walk around casting their lures constantly as it scares the peaceful fish. and so i should try find a place where there arent any carp fishermen. i will have a look into the hampton court area. just in case you know where i can buy a licnsce for the thames iwould appreciate that otherwise i ll try find out from the post office. thanks for the tip!

Thanks Budgie! i will defiitely give it a try. i was also told that most relaxed carp fisherman dont like people who walk around casting their lures constantly as it scares the peaceful fish. and so i should try find a place where there arent any carp fishermen. i will have a look into the hampton court area. just in case you know where i can buy a licnsce for the thames iwould appreciate that otherwise i ll try find out from the post office. thanks for the tip!

A lot of the Thames is free fishing. You can get a book from the Environment Agency that will give you all the info on who controls which waters in the Thames region and which is free fishing. You can buy a Thames wier permit, they were £20 odd but not looked for a couple of years.

You will find plenty of space to fish on the Thames withour upsetting other anglers. Thorpe Park holds a good head of pike and perch but not sure what the fishing is on it these days.

Tight lines

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

Thanks Lyn! didnt know there were still places in Europe where fresh water fishing is "free" (not counting the EA rod licencse) that sounds good! i will def do that i think! i ll get myself the info then try a nice stretch of the Thames! btw isnt thorpe park an amusement park?!

Thanks Lyn! didnt know there were still places in Europe where fresh water fishing is "free" (not counting the EA rod licencse) that sounds good! i will def do that i think! i ll get myself the info then try a nice stretch of the Thames! btw isnt thorpe park an amusement park?!

I think Lyn probably meant the day ticket water at Thorpe Lea which is not far from the theme park.

Looking at the fish photos on their site, there are a few 3lb+ perch.

Colin
My Website

My Blog (mostly Match Fishing)