Grand Union Canal Roach

Tench-man

another british summers day and i thought id try my luck on the grand union canal as its litrally a 10 second walk from my house ..... the water was still as could be with a little breeze a lovely day for fishing so i put a few balls of groundbait out via my cupping kit and loose fed pinkie every so often i was there about 3 hours without a bite so i headed back home dissopointed :( ...

so i went back a few days later and did the same routine a few balls of groundbait and pinkie ... i got a bite straight away and i caught for the 5 hours i was there .. i had 11lb 4oz of roach and the odd perch here and there .. and yet i was fishing the same spot i was a few days before hand .. good stuff :)

feed the same place every so often as you pass by or aren't doing anything and they will probably hang around that area. dont let anyone see you though :ph34r: or you will have swim poachers to deal with.

i have the Forth & Clyde 5 minutes from my door, i still keep saying to myself to bait a swim and keep it raked but im just being lazy <_<

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

feed the same place every so often as you pass by or aren't doing anything and they will probably hang around that area. dont let anyone see you though :ph34r: or you will have swim poachers to deal with.

i have the Forth & Clyde 5 minutes from my door, i still keep saying to myself to bait a swim and keep it raked but im just being lazy <_<

thanks andy ;)

thanks andy ;)

hi andy the forth clyde canal 5mins from me im in dumbarton is there any other rivers about mite try the endrick what are the rules there im i ok to use feeder there grounbait worm gunna have a walk round it do ye recomend any good spots?cheers craig