Organising Pole Rigs

fisher28

Recently started pole fishing.

I'am now starting to make my own rigs and just wondered if anyone has got any good tips or ideas of how to organise all the rigs so i know what ive got on each winder e.g. line strength and depth, hook size and hook link strength.

Just so that it saves me re-makin a rig that i may already have made at an earlier time.

Any replies are appreciated.

Fisher

I'am now starting to make my own rigs and just wondered if anyone has got any good tips or ideas of how to organise all the rigs so i know what ive got on each winder e.g. line strength and depth, hook size and hook link strength.

Just so that it saves me re-makin a rig that i may already have made at an earlier time.

Fisher

Write it on the side of the winder in permanent ink or use one of those fancy label printers. I write the diameter of the main like, the diameter of the hook length and then the size hook

so the side of my winders look something like this. ML 0.13 HL 0.10 H 20

i have 3 sets of every rig i use all identically set up. so if i get smashed up i know i have a replica rig ready. there all arranged nicely in the winder draw of my box...im fussy like that.

Fisher

hi my names richard .. i been pole fishing a year now i had the same trouble as you have with remembering the rigs .. so what i did was i kept my carp and silverfish rigs seprate and on each of the winders i jus put a sticker with for example ..ML (main line ) 5lb then HL ( hook lengh ) 3lb then HOOK 14 then id put the depht for example 4ft 6inch ... that way i know how deep n what line i have on each rig

hope ive been a help .. let me know what you think of that idea :)