Where to get best tench in merseyside?

Adam247

Hi all, i am a new member here and am after as much infomation on decent locations for tench in the merseyside area as i have just moved here and is a bit of a wasteland when it comes to decent fishing areas, i have managed to become a member of a private lake in halewood down to a family member but am not sure on where is best to go other than there specifically for tench as i find them the better fighting fish

If anybody can help i will be greatfull for any replys thanks

HONOR IS DOING THE RIGHT THING, EVEN WHEN NOBODY IS LOOKING ...

Laugh and the world laughs with you; weep, and you weep alone.

"Yes, I will do the opposite. I used to sit here and do nothing and regret it for the rest of the day. So now i will do the opposite, and i will do something..." George Costanza

Some of the Liverpool Park Lakes hold decent stocks of Tench - Newsham and Stanley Park but these get busy with other park users at weekends and aren't always the most pleasant places to fish. If I fish the Park Lakes I do early morning sessions when there's usually nobody else around other than snoozing Carpers.

Halsnead Park Lake is a club water in Whiston, it's probably the best Tench water in the area but does get overrun with kids at weekends in the summer and school holidays.

Best bet really is to join one of the clubs with waters which are in the surrounding countryside. Lymm AC has a very good Tench water on their ticket and their waters are properly bailifed and secure.

PM me if you want to know more.

Hi all, i am a new member here and am after as much infomation on decent locations for tench in the merseyside area as i have just moved here and is a bit of a wasteland when it comes to decent fishing areas, i have managed to become a member of a private lake in halewood down to a family member but am not sure on where is best to go other than there specifically for tench as i find them the better fighting fish

If anybody can help i will be greatfull for any replys thanks

There used to be good tench in the Leeds and Liverpool canal. When I was a lad. I think some places are club controlled but there are some day ticket parts to try it out. If someone actually comes to check.

Regards

Rob

There used to be good tench in the Leeds and Liverpool canal. When I was a lad. I think some places are club controlled but there are some day ticket parts to try it out. If someone actually comes to check.

Regards

Rob

Unfortunately the Tench population in the cut has declined, certainly at the Liverpool end.

thanks for all the replys it has been muchly appreciated an i shall look at the club located places also newsham park i have been to yesterday morning and found it quite difficult to fish as i only had 2 small fry through the whole day must have been where i set up but my friends had prety much the same day there but i will look into the canal further up neer southport way as i have family arounf that area but htnaks again all for the replys

HONOR IS DOING THE RIGHT THING, EVEN WHEN NOBODY IS LOOKING ...

Laugh and the world laughs with you; weep, and you weep alone.

"Yes, I will do the opposite. I used to sit here and do nothing and regret it for the rest of the day. So now i will do the opposite, and i will do something..." George Costanza