Why do we bother?

Guest Alan Pearce

Guest Alan Pearce

I have just watched a news programme re F&M, some of the older farmers are convinced that one major spreadof the disease is birds especially flocks of starlings. I am coming around to think that anglers should begin to return to the waterways in areas not inhabited by live stock. What do you think?

Guest Elton
Originally posted by Alan Pearce:

I have just watched a news programme re F&M, some of the older farmers are convinced that one major spreadof the disease is birds especially flocks of starlings. I am coming around to think that anglers should begin to return to the waterways in areas not inhabited by live stock. What do you think?

If we did, and the disease was spread somehow (even if it wasn't by us), who do you think would get blamed?

Elton

------------------

Anglers' Net

Keeping It Virtual...

Guest phil dean

How about

return to waters in towns cities etc where damage caused could only be marginal,

if it's in the country however, stay away

and whilst we're at it, why don't we point out to the public via nespapers etc, what angling has done to limit the threat, and what others haven't done..... surely we should blow our own trumpet, if only to stop others thinking we are somehow to blame.

Guest ALAN FAWCETT

Hi all

I was helping my mate deliver some coaches yesterday and we had two that went to congleton!

As we were going along the A34 i saw about 20-30 anglers sat round a pit fishing away while the sheep walked round them!! frown.gif

Bruno as you know i live on highfields in Stafford and Acton Trussel is about 2 miles from my house!! When i came home last night there were two lovely big red signs at the bottom of my estate which said "WARNING foot and mouth disease infected area" what a welcome home that was!! frown.gif

------------------

you've gotta sleep sometime!

Alan (trogg) F

mailto:Alan_Dian@go-fishing.co.ukAlan_Dian@go-fishing.co.uk

Guest John Weddup

Is it true that horse racing is about to restart. I just caught the end of the channel 4 news interveiw as I arrived home tonight and I am sure that is what they were discussing.

Guest mpbdsnu

I'll tell you what chaps! If things carry on the way they are, ie, other people showing their ignorance and carrying on as normal and continuing to be a danger re F&M - then I am going to go fishing. I chop and change my mind, I know. But, we seem to be the ONLY ones making a concerted effort. OR are we??? Regulars of this site seem to be on the whole making an effort to be seen to be doing the right thing, and perhaps regulars of other sites are doing the same. But what about anglers who DON'T frequent these web sites, do they know they should be avoiding sensitive areas? I doubt it! Personally, I haven't watched much tv just lately - preferring to be entertained on here - but I have not once seen or heard that we should not be fishing! People I speak to at work know nothing of it either, and three of these blokes are anglers!

Guest Alan Pearce

Yep your right John and a couple of local golf courses which have been closed due to floods, are to reopen this weekend. Foxearth Fisheries also reopened last Saturday, right next to the LAA Glemsford Lakes which are closed. Clare (so called) Fisheries remain open as does Gosfield lake and golf course. Halstead Res has reopened which is surprising as the owner keeps pigs. Spoke to the rangers on the common lands today and they have recommended keeping the river and all access points closed, fishing is allowed at the Croft from the bathing pool down to the back of the Mill Hotel. Good roach being caught at the Convent.

No Free Press article this week, I will have to go delving into the fishing diaries for forth coming editions.

Alan.

Guest John Weddup

I have,nt been fishing since the start of the crisis infact due to work a little before but doesn,t the river look fantastic at the moment and we are in for the start of spring tommorow.

Guest the blanker

It's quite incredible just how stupid and short sighted some people can be, but we should not let that cloud OUR judgment or influence what WE think is right. Yes, there will always be the few plonkers that think restrictions apply to everyone else but them, but we, as anglers, must hold firm and refrain from breaking the quarentine and start fishing before we are aloud to. If we weaken and a few new outbreaks are attributed to anglers, we can forget fishing for months and months and my sanity won't last that long. So stay firm chaps! stay firm!

And as for culling poor little hedgehogs, why not cull golfers?!