Berkley Whiplash Pro, Sinking braid

The Diamond Geezer

In Paul D's article here about ultra-light lure-fishing, he mentions using 10 lb BS Berkley Whiplash Pro sinking braid.

WhiplashPro.gif

This is a new line to me .... anybody used it? :confused: {Apart from Paul_D, of course }

DG :cool:

[ 06. August 2003, 04:01 PM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]

DG - the only sources I can locate seem to be UK so probably not sold over here right now.

My only reservation is the line material. The only way I know of to make a naturally sinking braid line is to add a bit of kevlar thread to give it weight.

Problem is, the kevlar also weakened the line a little and the killer for me - kevlar will cut rings.

I would also like to hear from someone who has used this line quite a bit or from anyone who knows exactly what materials they used to make it.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

quote:

Originally posted by Newt:

DG - the only sources I can locate seem to be UK so probably not sold over here right now.

My only reservation is the line material. The only way I know of to make a naturally sinking braid line is to add a bit of kevlar thread to give it weight.

Problem is, the kevlar also weakened the line a little and the killer for me - kevlar will cut rings.

I would also like to hear from someone who has used this line quite a bit or from anyone who knows exactly what materials they used to make it.

Thanks, Newt

I too thought that some kevlar fibres had been incorporated to mak eit sink. Personally I haven't had any problems lure-fishing with regular floating Whiplash.

I too await with interest to hear from anyone who's used Whip Pro SINKING

DG

DG - I agree about floating braid with lures.

One exception is when fishing a large floating crank bait (things with the large diving lip). I find I can add a foot or maybe 2 feet to the maximum depth I can reach if I switch to a line like fluorocarbon that naturally sinks. Also with the suspending types it helps keep them down.

But that is an unusual circumstance. I do keep one baitcasting reel spooled with fluoro just for that circumstance though. One of the nice things about lure sessions from the boat - easy to carry a large number of rods along.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President