vitalin

Paulfishpaul

Be aware that Vitalin has meat products in its mix.

After you have mixed it, I would suggest you keep it out of direct sunlight and as cool as possible.

I don,t presoak mine,I mix it at the waters edge before tackling up, making enough to last about 4 hours at a time.

The fresher it is, the better it works.

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

I've never used it myself. Can it be used for Method Feeders. Does it need a binder or anything like that?

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

It can be used with a method feeder, or just loose fed.

You can mix other proprietry ground base mixes ( I often add 20% Expo), or flavours,with it, or fish it as it is.

After mixing, mine takes about 10 minutes to get to the right consistency for the method feeder.

By the time I cast the second time, its normally perfect.

I should tackle up slower.

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

HI PAUL,

i find the best way to mix vitalin is with hot water from the kettle, give it a mix untill u get the consistancy u want adding ur hemp, sweetcorn,flavourings etc then i ball it up into cricket size balls,then put it in my method bucket all ready for throwing in! the vitalin done this way binds into a very sticky mixture that is ideal for fishing the trent(as i do),as it sinks straight down and breaks up slowly! cheers (MM) :P

I find if you do a batch of vitalin by covering it with boiling water, letting it stand and cool for 3 or 4 hours, then freezing it does me nicely. The freezing breaks the vitalin down and gets rid of that glutinousness it sometime gets. once defrosted I use 2parts vitalin to 1 part browncrumb, handfull of crushed hemp, handfull of powdered trout pellet, a big glug of molasses and I seive or blend the lot together, when you squeeze it it holds together perfectly to suit the method feeder and it breaks up with a lovely fizz. If its to dry I wet it up a bit on the bankside or if I prep up at home I liquidise a tin of sweetcorn and use that, I have had tench playing football with my feeder to get at the vitalin mix. I also mix in prepared partiblend or hemp depending on what and where I am fishing. Btw if you add to big of a proportion of particles to your mix it doesnt bind together very well and it breaks up on casting.

[ 25. August 2003, 06:16 PM: Message edited by: digitracker ]

I use it when method fishing. I normally cook hemp in a flask the night before. So the next morning I use the water from the hemp cooking and add this to the Vitalin. I always prefer to use hot water as it goes a lot softer alot quicker.

Put as much hemp, corn, pellets etc as you want, its so go damn sticky, its great for mass baiting.

User it for tench and bream too. But add the same amount of brown crumb to it too.

Personally just mix it with water from the lake and use it. Or if really going for it, mix it up a few days before, roll into cricket ball size balls and leave to go rock hard.

Can also hold all kinds of goodies, such as hemp, red band, small pellet etc

Paul Singleton