Authorisations for Crayfish Traps

Leon Roskilly

The EA is consulting on how much to charge (and for other things too eg eels)

https://consult.environment-agency.gov.uk/p...l/ho/fish/auths

Done mine!

Crayfish_consultation.pdf

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

to add to this thread you need to apply for a license in "Scotland" to trap them.

A license is unlikely to be issued if you are looking to catch them for trade or leisure as they believe (and rightly so) that the removal of larger Signal Crayfish will lead to a bigger problem with the smaller ones (think large pike and small jack culls), the license to trap is aimed more toward research. though accidentally caught signal crayfish on rod and line are to be killed on site and not to be taken away "alive" but no mention of where to discard them so i assume they can be taken home dead and eaten ;) just waiting on a response from SNH on this missing bit of info.

to apply for a license contact:

Salmon and Freshwater Fisheries, Pentland House, 47 Robb's

Loan, Edinburgh EH14 1TY Tel: 0131 244 5244

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk