Gold Valley

jasont

Anyone know much about Gold valley, worth a cast?

big match complex so you're bound to bag up. Owned by Will Raisons family so if you like that sort of commercial fishing then yes worht a go. Just down the road you have Willow Park, Liam has been fishing it with his school mates and doing well.

lyn

Just noticed Liam is still logged in!!! lol

Edited by Liam7

If you're talking about the gold valley in Farnborough, last time I went there was 6/7 years ago and back then it was the best fishery I had ever been to. There were days where you could have 10/15 double figure carp in a day aswell as loads of smaller ones. Really easy to fish and from my experience Gold Lake was by far and away the best one. A straight running leger rig with a lump of luncheon meat on the end was the best method in all the time I went there which was a fair few years. Don't have to cast far out at all, a few feet out on either side of the swim or directly ahead 15/20 feet at most. The best swims on gold lake always used to be the first ones you would come to from the car park. Head straight down the middle and fish the first swim that is vacant on the lake. Be warned though, it goes completely dead from around 12-3/4 and all the carp come to the surface but due to floating baits not being allowed it is hopeless trying as they aren't even feeding! It is 4 feet pretty much all around the lake and from 8 o clock onwards it is unbelievably good fishing. Good luck!