hi all

madtom-86

hi all i am just starting out in carp fishing i live in oxford and the closest lake to me is lauras lagoon (grove farm fisheries). does anyone on here fish there or have any info that would be of any help tactics bait etc. look forward to replies. thanks

Welcome to Anglers' Net.

I'm too far away to be familiar with that fishery but someone on here should be. If no response here in the New Members section, try asking in the Coarse section.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

thanks newt

any advice? although i said i have just started out in carp im trying to keep open minded about fishing for different spieces and im curious about river fishing.... i went and found a few spots along the thames but never fished a river in my life nor do i know anyone who has, is it difficult as i imagine the flow of water can be quite strong at times? would i fish with a float or a feeder? and what bait do you use on rivers?

I don't have any advice that would be of help to you I'm afraid. I'm about 4000 miles west of you and fishing conditions here are too different.

I've been fishing for over 60 years but when I visited the UK for a couple weeks fishing several years ago, I needed to be treated as a total novice by the anglers who were helping me. My timing was unfortunate as it was during the closed season so river fishing was impossible and we stayed completely with lakes & ponds. I'd never seen a feeder rod, fished with a maggot, or tried the delicate sort of float fishing that is needed in the UK.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President