Shimano Hyperloop: cheap but good?

Sulis

Hello everyone,

Has anyone had any experience with the Shimano Hyperloop range of rods? I'm looking at the 13ft FA model for general float fishing, the medium feeder rod and maybe the Barbel Classic with 1.5lb TC for larger fish (mainly tench fishing, as they've always been my favourite species, and possibly the odd carp). They are all selling for very reasonable prices it seems. I really don't need to have a £100 rod as my fishing is purely for pleasure. Haven't found any reviews as yet, and i'm hoping to pop into my local tackle shop in the next few days to check them out.

What i'm particularly interested in is the weight: do they feel balanced with a reel attached? My last match rod was a Shakespeare President, many years ago now!

Thanks for reading, and happy fishing :)

sulis,

i have a shimano hyperloop 1.5 tc barbel classic and i have landed good barbel and carp to 22lb 0n this rod with no problems! a cheapish rod but worth more in quality and performance.

good luck (MM) :P

Thanks for all the replies, always appreciated :)

Never did I think I could get my hands on a Shimano rod for something in the region of £40!

i have four of the Hyperloop rods: two 2 1/4tc and two 2 1/2tc carp rods, i use them for mainly deadbaiting and i think they are excellent value.

Fly like a mouse

Run like a cushion

Be the small bookcase!!

I bought the 13 foot FA match rod. It is a little stiffer than the symetre range (due to cost I s'pose) but it does the job well. However, I have found that it tends to pull hooks quicker than its bigger more expensive brother . . there again what do you expect for 29 quid . . .

well worth it for a pratical . . larger fish rod . .

hey waddaya know I can spell tomato !