Week on the Yare

Lee-sox

Bulster:

Im going to get that 20lb+ this year :D:D:D

All input gratefully recieved

Lee

Had you come up this past Sunday, fished where I p.m.'ed, starting about 0600, then you might have had three of 'em. Its been a real frenzy time! They'll be stuffed by the week-end :D:D:D .

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Had you come up this past Sunday, fished where I p.m.'ed, starting about 0600, then you might have had three of 'em. Its been a real frenzy time! They'll be stuffed by the week-end .

Now why would you want to torture me like that :(:D

( Stuffed ) The mighty Bulster with his magic retrieve will tempt even the fullest pike :D:D:D

Fly like a mouse

Run like a cushion

Be the small bookcase!!

• 2 weeks later...

Well im back from my hols and had a great time.

Between me and my mate we had 136lb of pike in five days fishing,15lb being the biggest and 5lb the smallest.

Peter, we were moored in oulton dike for three days (wed,thur,fri) and did several laps round the broad in the dinghy but never saw you.

Tried the spot you suggested and had a jack jump out of the water as i was lifting the lure and bit the tail of a brand new castaic :( , twelve quid gone. :(:(

Most of our pike came from around oulton, and one spot produced three fish in 20 mins to a rattling fat D, all of them over 10lb and one at 15lb :):) (my biggest on a lure).

Surlingham was quite good aswell 12lb being the biggest, as for rockland, we got there on that very windy day and as they are dredging or whatever they are doing we gave it a miss and continued down to oulton.

We saw charlie, his clients looked very bored indeed :D when we asked what they had caught we the reply of "f***all mate" from one of them, we told the what we had and headed back to the broad, then guess what, 10 mins later charlie comes chugging along and starts fishing :P:D .

I was very surprised how many people were fishing the yare for pike most of them "guide services", we dont see that on the waveney thank god.

All in all a very good week.

Fly like a mouse

Run like a cushion

Be the small bookcase!!

Hi Bulster, never thought to go up the dyke. I fished O.B. hard Mon, Tues and Wed, best 26 from where I had suggested that you go! The fishing died Thurs, Fri onwards. Sorry I missed you. I kept an eye open for a grey dinghy! Glad that you did well.

Love the bit about Charlie. Yes, there are now three parasitic guides plundering the Yare for profit. We had one on the Waveney but he found himself unwelcome, he's sold up now!

[ 29. September 2003, 11:50 PM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]

"We saw charlie, his clients looked very bored indeed when we asked what they had caught we the reply of "f***all mate" from one of them, we told the what we had and headed back to the broad, then guess what, 10 mins later charlie comes chugging along and starts fishing."

I've just worked out what Bulster stands for - 'Bullshiter'.

Let's get a few things straight Bulster.

1. My clients never swore, nor did they, or I, speak to you. If we did, you would have been treated like any other tourist who comes asking, AY!! U caught out?

2. The only thing my clients had to say about you, if you are who I think you are, was what a pratt you were using a remote control bait boat on Surlingham Broad.

3. I never, to my knowledge, followed you onto Surlingham Broad. Why would I want to? See 4!!

4. The clients that you saw out with me, if you are the person that I think you are, i.e. the one playing with a 'toy boat' on Surlingham Broad, boated pike of 17lb, 18lb and 23lb - plus some smaller pike.

Take a look on my photo gallery - you may recognise one of them.

I'll let them know what you posted on here - I'm sure that it will give them the stitch (!)

Now Now Charlie calm down :cool:

If that wasnt you who we asked and then who turned up right next to us then i appologise.

must have been one of the other "guide services" :P

Yes we saw them too, highly amusing

Fly like a mouse

Run like a cushion

Be the small bookcase!!

I am the only professional guide that operates in the Brundall area.

Was it you that was playing with a toy boat on Surlingham Broad.

How you can make out to people on this forum that you spoke to me, as if you knew me to talk to, when you clearly don't even know what I look like, is a joke.

My advise to you, i.e. if you visit the Brundall area again, is take Peter's advise and follow me - you may have a bit more luck (!)