Ocean Trident Angler

Elton

Posted on behalf of Ginzy. Please add all replies to this thread:

Hi there, I'm looking to buy a new kayak and really like the 'Ocean' Trident angler. Has anyone got one and can tell me what they are like please? Or does anyone suggest anything different, many thanks

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Posted on behalf of Ginzy. Please add all replies to this thread:

The Trident is a great boat for a big bloke who wants to take plenty of gear,I'm happy with mine and have done 20 mile paddles in her but then I'm happy with my scupper pro too and I loved my P13 too so I'm no use to you there!

I would advise to test paddle as many models as you can before making a decision.

I will be holding a demo weekend in partnership with Crazy Water of Highcliffe with the support of Ocean Kayaks on the 26th-27th july at Mudeford Spit

It will be possible to try the full range there if you wish ;)

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

The Trident is a great boat for a big bloke who wants to take plenty of gear,I'm happy with mine and have done 20 mile paddles in her but then I'm happy with my scupper pro too and I loved my P13 too so I'm no use to you there!

I would advise to test paddle as many models as you can before making a decision.

I will be holding a demo weekend in partnership with Crazy Water of Highcliffe with the support of Ocean Kayaks on the 26th-27th july at Mudeford Spit

It will be possible to try the full range there if you wish ;)

Thanks for that Rich, I am only 5'4'' and weigh about 10 1/2 stone, do you think the trident will be overkill or ok???

jeez you are a little one! but then so am I at just half a stone heavier.

I have a mate your size that paddles a Trident happily but unless you take a lot of gear I would suggest maybe it would be overkill.

Think you might be happier in a Prowler or Scupper Pro

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

jeez you are a little one! but then so am I at just half a stone heavier.

I have a mate your size that paddles a Trident happily but unless you take a lot of gear I would suggest maybe it would be overkill.

Think you might be happier in a Prowler or Scupper Pro

thanks again Richi, the only reason I was looking at theTrident was because i thought it was a better model than the Prowler and maybe would get me back to the shore a bit quicker should the weather change. By the way who makes the scupper pro?

thanks again Richi, the only reason I was looking at theTrident was because i thought it was a better model than the Prowler and maybe would get me back to the shore a bit quicker should the weather change. By the way who makes the scupper pro?

Ocean Kayaks make the Scupper Pro and at around £400 it is very good value for money,here is mine

IMGP0008.jpg

As you rightly say the Trident is slightly faster than the Prowler but the Scupper is the fastest plastic fishing S.O.T. on the market ;)

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

assisted rescues---5

Ocean Kayaks make the Scupper Pro and at around £400 it is very good value for money,here is mine

[Photo edited out, no real point in putting it up again ;) ]

As you rightly say the Trident is slightly faster than the Prowler but the Scupper is the fastest plastic fishing S.O.T. on the market ;)

Found the scupper and it looks ok i will give it a paddle, likewise the Elite 4.5. Thanks for that Richi [nice photo by the way]

Edited by John S