i want a new pole (MAVER MEDUSA)

hagz

well i just used my new middy works pole for the first time and loved it but at 11m it was too short and a bit too droopy to fish the venues near me. so guess what i am after a new pole i was looking at the MAVER MEDUSA 2 a bit expensive (i have seen it for 645 quid) but was just after some advice on other options or what people think of the medusa.

hagz said

quote:

so guess what i am after a new pole i was looking at the MAVER MEDUSA 2 a bit expensive (i have seen it for 645 quid)

thats just cheap tat :rolleyes:

expensive is the Preston Innovations Lerc Essence RS 100 16m pole (rrp £3,499)

I,m sorry I'll say that again three thousand, four hundred and ninety nine pounds

blankedagain:

I,m sorry I'll say that again three thousand, four hundred and ninety nine pounds

Yes, but when was the last time anybody paid rrp for fishing tackle. Most companies seem to calculate the cost then double it for the rrp so that tackle shops can sell them seemingly with a huge discount yet still make a profit.

It also appears that many pole makers don't think they'll get taken seriously if they don't have a top-of-the-range product costing thousands. Wonder how many they actually sell?

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are fictitious. Any similarities to real

opinions, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.

quote:

thats just cheap tat

if you think that is expensive what about the DAIWA Tournament 710 that retails for 7500 pounds yes i said seven thousand and five hundred.

the point is that i am not richard branson so 650 quid is a lot of money to me if you have nothing constructive to say don't bother.

and thanks the rest of you for your advice i will lookinto those options

quote:

It also appears that many pole makers don't think they'll get taken seriously if they don't have a top-of-the-range product costing thousands. Wonder how many they actually sell?

As hagz said he is not Richard Branson neither are most of us so £650 is a lot of money for any working angler, the mark up on tackle is usually in the region of 25% at least, but as we all know a great many products on the market are designed to catch the fisherman and not the fish. A good example is Bennetts current catalogue P47 'Shakespeare deluxe folding armchair.

£27.00p.

also available from any market, DIY store, camping shop and garden centre, price £9.99, the difference is that the Shakespeare one has their logo on it so it automatically qualifies as 'tackle' and therefore an additional £17.01p :mad:

well have spoken to a few pole anglers who use much more expensive eqpt like daiwa whisker and spectron poles most of which had a lot of good things to say about the medusa so it looks like my choice has been made for me many thanks even if the thread did go a bit off topic blankedagain??

hagz:

well have spoken to a few pole anglers who use much more expensive eqpt like daiwa whisker and spectron poles most of which had a lot of good things to say about the medusa so it looks like my choice has been made for me many thanks even if the thread did go a bit off topic blankedagain??

blazinbailarm:

blazinbailarm:

won't go far wrong with medusa got one myself

had ago with my mates maver deliverance very impressive for the price