my aplologies

mike birtles

A few people who I have contactacted through this forum have recently sent me emails to which I have been unable to reply. I am not being a miserable git I just cant send emails sorry to anyone who I have not been able to contact.

Any advice to why I can receive mails but not send would be appreciated. I will keep trying

Thought you might have been on holiday - aren't the real reasons always more boring!

Can't catch those wyre chub though!!

Sorry I can't help with the email problem

Martin

Regards,

Martin

Mike - the service for getting email is completely seperate than that for sending them. So very possible to have one working and the other not.

If you have a firewall, the two use different ports as well so you could have to inbound port open but the outbound blocked.

What email app, what OS, modem or broadband?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President