Wingham Fish-In

Guest Steve Burke

Guest Steve Burke
Originally posted by ALAN FAWCETT:

Hi Steve

I know this is a bit off thread but i've gotta post it:

I've just reread some of my book The Concise Encyclopedia Of Fishing & it took me a few seconds to realise but on Pg72 "The Perch" its got a blurred photo of some ugly looking geezer with glasses & a beard holding a beaut of a Perch & i was just wondering if you know who it is??  rolleyes.gif

It lists the record as 5lb 9oz & it was caught at a private lake in kent, any idea where that is??  biggrin.gif

Can't be me 'coz I'm good looking! At least that's what Peggy thinks - or was it used to think? I can't remember, it was too long ago.

The record came from Furnace Pond near Horsmonden, which is a syndicate water. I was invited to join many years ago but as it's a bag up carp water I turned it down. In fact it's so easy that Peggy and I have had carp taking crisps out of our fingers! Once news got out about the big perch there was no chance of a ticket!

Every now and then I hear rumours of "The Den" throwing up another big perch but sadly none has no far proved genuine. Many of the perch seem to have died either/both through disease or treble hooks.

------------------

Wingham Fisheries

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/fisheries/wingham.htm