Mull of Galloway coarse fishing

Snatcher

Have just bought a caravan at Drummore,Mull of Galloway. Have sea fished the place for years and now fancy trying for the coarse fish.I have done a bit of surfing and come up with

Garwachie Loch £5 a day pike perch tench roach

Clatteringshaws Loch cost? pike and perch

Any punters out there fished these venues or can come come up with any more within reasonable distance of Drummore. Also any tips on fishing techniques as I am basically an old sea salt! I would particularly like to target the pike.

Tight lines everyone

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Reckon this is a bit of a forgotten corner re. coarse fishing. You might be better off starting out at Loch Ken(if you can make the trip). Do a google search for pike and Loch Ken and you will get lots of info.

Sounds like you are a novice piker; if so then you would be able to watch others piking at Loch Ken. Also take a look here:

http://www.pacgb.co.uk

Good luck,

Jim.

Cheers Jim found that pike site to be very good.Have actually done a bit pike fishing in my spotty days! Biggest was 10.5lbs at Loch Maben. Also caught a lot on plugs 6-2lb range so I will probably try this approach first.Will let you know what happens. Garwachie Loch sounds like a dream,on the website it says holds a large head of fish and rarely fished - luxury

Tight lines

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Have discovered more lochs in the Mull of Galloway area containing coarse fish, they are Torwood Lochs,Whitefield Loch,Loch Fyntalloch,Loch OchiltreeLoch Dee. Anyone out there fished these before?

Tightus linus :)

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Cheers Peter it is on my hitlist

Tightus linus :)

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Going to the van 4 the first time his year - luxury.Plan 2 go 2 newton stewart tackle shop 4 the crack,will let u know what the score is.According 2 the crack 1 of the lochs is chocca with loads of fish and nobody goes there ! will keep u ported mates

Crabs - u swine! :)

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

I am hoping to stay at a friends caravan in Drumore at the end of May to do some course and shore fishing. If you want we can try a day at the pike somewhere, let me know if you are available.

Are you intersested in a days Tope fishing in June if I can get enough for a boat trip ?.

Peter

A bad days fishing is better than a good day at the office. Tight lines all.

Have just come back from the van today - read the article I have just posted. Plan to be at the van every other weekend so should have tried some of the freshwater shots by May so I will post any catches up! Am going up in July and August for a full week so plan to fit in a days tope fishing then. The charter crew who launch locally at Drummore are "On Yer Marks".They seem very professional and have 3 boats for charter. I have talked to lads who book with them every year and they say that they have had boatfulls of tope - its all tag ang release. Have a spy at their website,it seems a good one.Is it Clashwhannon caravan park you are staying at? If it is and you see a car outside No 14 give me a knock,or drop an e-mail. See you anon!

Crabs - you swine! Snatcher :)

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair