Sycamore Lakes?

nursejudy

I am based in Louth, not far from Sycamore lakes (about 15 to 20 miles). I've not fished it but it has a good reputation - don't know about the size of the fish, but it looks a very nice place from the roadside (I have been past it many times). It is a holiday park type thing, and generally I've not had the best of success at such places and do tend to avoid them. I believe they have a couple of lakes with fish to about 10lb, and then one specimen lake quoting fish to 28lb (cannot confirm or deny).

However, if you fancy some good fishing I'd suggest trying Authorpe, Aby and Belleau - which all have good heads of carp (especially Authorpe - this is where Rod Hutchinson baits have always been tested and regularly has carp pulled over 20lb). All three lakes are within 10 minutes of each other and generally (around October time of year) are very underfished (a lot of locals don't even know much about these ponds).

I know you are on Matchpool - if you search for my thread in response to Tyke I think I provided links for the maps etc. From sycamore you can make Ulceby Cross in about 10 minutes, and from Ulceby Cross to Aby/Belleau in about another five or ten.

Ian W

went there in may for a week. caught a couple of twentys from the main lake, one one tutti fruity the other on plastic corn on method in the edge. most methods seemed to work good fish on pole and waggler theres a small tackle/bait shop on site that does the basics. caught about twentyfive carp in all tench and roach. good lakes and hard fighting fish hope this helps

I too have fished there two or three times. Very good carp (I lost a couple of big ones!) Tench and all the rest. Decent tackle shop and cafe plus loos. One regular fishes it with a pole quite literally under the bank at his feet and he always seemed to be having his elastic seriously stretched.