Blame culture

Tony 1

Barnese:

As soon as somebody falls over and hurts themselves all they see is; $£$£$£$£$£$£$£$£$

Actually it's more often than not the lawyers who see the £'s and persuade the punter to go along with it.

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are fictitious. Any similarities to real

opinions, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.

Peter Martin:

... Well I say good, we don;t want to become as litigious a society as the USA as it is the rest of us who has to pay.....

There are benefits for the UK in the US being way over the top on litigation though (and I agree, we really are - at least some here are). The co.uk domain registrations are benefitting.

http://www.demys.net/news/2003/06/11_no.htm

[ 16. October 2003, 10:18 PM: Message edited by: Newt ]

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Eddie:

Good luck to him with his claim, if he wins maybe clubs will clamp down on the lazy sods who leave all the litter.

By clamping down the clubs are admitting there's a problem thereby making them even more liable! What irritates me about this kind of thing is that the first people who complain about the rising cost of club subscriptions are the same people who make this kind of claim. If a club has 100 members but has to pay £500 insurance it doesn't take a genius to work out why the subs are going up!

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are fictitious. Any similarities to real

opinions, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.

quote:

Would you have claimed then, Eddie?

Doubt it very much depends on the extent of the injuries, my daughter nearly lost an eye from discarded hook and line in a bush once, had she lost that eye you can be sure I would have been thinking long and hard about making a solicitor a lot of money!

[ 17. October 2003, 12:03 PM: Message edited by: Eddie ]

Alive without breath,

As cold as death;

Never thirsty, ever drinking,

All in mail never clinking.

I`ll just get me rod!!!