Greetings from Cleethorpes

alanz

Hi everyone, my name is Alan and i live in Cleethorpes, i'm married with three grown up Daughters, (all taken i'm afraid,) I have been fishing since the age of 7 and i'm 58 now so a few years, I have fished nearly all over the world as i did 24 years in the Royal Navy I have a broad spectrum of Angling but confess not to be an expert but i've tried it all, even fresh water Bass fishing in North Carolina to Fishing for Sea Trout in the Falklands, I look forward to using the site. B)

Welcome to Anglers' Net. Glad to have you with us.

What part of North Carolina? We may have shared a lake at some point.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Welcome to Anglers' Net. Glad to have you with us.

What part of North Carolina? We may have shared a lake at some point.

It was near Charlston, I went with a Naval guy, we fished this big lake ,We were up to our chest in water plug fishing with plugs called Hoodlepoppers, least i think that's how you spelt it, Great fun finishe dthe day with a Pizza and a pitcher of Beer or two. B)

Sounds like a great day's fishing.

I was near Charlotte, NC. Some friends from this forum have spent a day or three with me, fishing mostly, and seemed to enjoy themselves.

Likewise, when I was able to visit the UK for a couple of weeks to fish, I had great fun due in large part to the fact it was so different from what I knew and I needed help just as if I'd been a youngster again rather than nearly 60. :D :D

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Sounds like a great day's fishing.

I was near Charlotte, NC. Some friends from this forum have spent a day or three with me, fishing mostly, and seemed to enjoy themselves.

Likewise, when I was able to visit the UK for a couple of weeks to fish, I had great fun due in large part to the fact it was so different from what I knew and I needed help just as if I'd been a youngster again rather than nearly 60. :D :D

Yes i know the feeling when i visited different places the difference in the types of Fishing, Fun learning different methods though, The most enjoyment was the Falklands Fishing for Sea Trout and River Mullet that was really exciting, My friend and i even spent Christmas day 1973 camping on the River Marlow about a couple of miles from Stanley Fishing, truely amazing, I could write a book on my Fishing exploits all over the world, 51 years an angler...

Well, you are in good company here. We have a nice mix of anglers who've fished everywhere, anglers who've never left the UK, anglers who've never left their county, and a sprinkling of anglers from elsewhere.

We have a fine old time. :D :D

Well, you are in good company here. We have a nice mix of anglers who've fished everywhere, anglers who've never left the UK, anglers who've never left their county, and a sprinkling of anglers from elsewhere.

We have a fine old time. :D :D

I look forward to giving my input to the forum B)