Dog biscuits

Andrew

Has anyone ever ground them up to use as groundbaits ??

I have some and was wondering.

Also would they be made into paste when ground up ? if so any recipes would be gratefuly accepted.

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

I bet they'd work fine, similar to pellets i'd imagine.

You could try making a paste with an egg and some water.

To be honest though I wouldn't of thought it would work much better than normal groundbait or crushed pellets, but if you've got some spare it's worth a try.

Dave

As famous fisherman John Gierach once said "I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I like fishing because it's the one thing I can think of that probably doesn't."

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I got some freebies thru the post, dont have a mutt you see, LoL

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Dog biscuits are a great additive to bulk out groundbaits and mixes. Smashing them up in a blender and then adding them to the groundbait/mix is a good method.

You can also try this method; boil the kettle, put the dog biscuits in a tub with a sealed lid, add boiled water into the tub so it reaches about half the biscuit height. Put the lid on and soak for about 2 hours, you may need to add a little more hot water but what you should end up with is a soft paste type mix, which can be used as paste, or stuck onto a method feeder, added to your groundbait/mixes, or just thrown in loose.

Quick and simple.

Carp-Catcha

Thanks mate, :D

“Vescere bracis meis”

ive found crushed dog biscuits need a little more time and water when preparing it for use as groundbait than some other groundbaits. add some water and about half an hour later i had to add more water.

but its definitely a good cheap alternative at about £2 for 2.5kg and caught me plenty of roach over the warmer months

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Dog biscuits make handy snacks too when you've been out all night and eaten everything else.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...