Other Fora, other threads

The Diamond Geezer

quote:

Originally posted by Elton (Re: Markward's threads):

This is one of those threads that, if anyone really feels the need to air issues within it here, should be started with an open statement/question as a separate discussion.

As it stands, most of us don't actually know what's going on. There was a pop at another poster, something about another site and the issue of livebaits.

Perhaps we could have one third and final go, or leave it here?

This Forum has to be one of the best around, sage and sensible, helpful and humourous (hopefully), in the main.

It is a fact that threads on other Fora are often lifted from this Forum, or at the very least, started-off by some topic on here, so, provided it's explained fully, I don't see the problem or harm in a tad of vice versa, personally. I think this applies to all topics, not just the live-baiting issue that so concerns Markward (and me, and others.)

Personally I'd much rather see any topic debated here than on some of the other Fora, for the reasons I mentioned above. I think the point Markward was trying to make, and I'm sure he'll correct me if I've misunderstood, was consistency of comments (by an angler) across Fora, on the phone, on the bank etc., or that encouraging anglers (many youngsters read this Forum) either directly or by insinuation, to break the law, when there's no need.is not good form.

Obviously, I exclude cormorants from that! :D

Seriously, I think the EA Section 30 Legislation is designed to protect fish stocks, and so that flouting it with live-bait transportation is silly and selfish.

Equally, if you want and need to shoot the cormorants that are devouring the fish stocks in your lake(s), apply for an EA licence. I've got one and it was quick and easy. Now I can legally shoot the *&^%$£" nice little birdies

D :cool: G

[ 10. November 2003, 08:22 AM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]

I have just about had a gutfull of this.I am quite happy to discuss/debate any subject in angling however this does not seem to be happening here.I will make one last comment on this subject untill it is debated properly,that is with correct facts- I LIVE BAIT,I HAVE ALWAYS LIVE BAITED AND ALWAYS WILL.I WILL RECOMEND THIS TO ANY BODY AND ALWAYS HAVE AND ALWAYS WILL.I HAVE NEVER SHOWN ANY DOUBLE STANDARDS HERE.I ALWAYS PRACTICE WHAT I PREACH WHETHER ANYONE LIKES IT OR NOT.

If you wish to start a thread ref live baiting or keeping/transporting of baits great I will welcome reading and discussing the facts.If you want to discuss if I personally am exhibiting double standards then once again great BUT lets see some of these "double standards" eh?Christ if the facts are as acurate as the facts weve seen so far should make good readin :confused: g

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I don't believe the fact that you partake in livebaiting was in question it is the fact that you posted on the forum below advice on moving livebaits around. I was simply asking whether the words posted were responsible in their meaning and if you stand by them. If you do l also stated l hope you get caught and appropriately punished for it. You may see no harm in your actions but the illegal movement of zander proved to be a good idea no? All l say is if fishermen have the inability to catch lives from the venue they are fishing don't livebait. The posts were not a personnal slander on yourself l was calling on whether this was the general consensus among pike fishermen and if so what reasons they would give for it.

http://www.forumco.com/predatorpublication...itle=Pike+Forum