3-Piece Rod Quiver advice

Frogger

Hi

Been looking around for a new rod quiver. My current one holds 2 made up rods but I want a larger one to hold upto 4 rods, that can also hold my korum shelter when necessary.

I have narrowed it down to 2 - The JRC Combo quiver that comes with 2 sleeves or possibly the Korum one that holds upto 5 rods.

I was siding with the JRC as I know it can hold the shelter. Not sure how necessary the sleeves are having never used any before so my concern is to the weight of this quiver. The Korum looks lighter and is cheaper, doesn't come with the sleeves. But unsure if it would hold my shelter.

Do any of you have experience of these or can recomend any others? Also I have a couple of 3-piece rods and wondered if these would fit into either of these quivers (I wonder if the top straps may be higher than the top of the collapsed 3-piece rods and so not be retained sufficiently).

Tightlines

Frogger

Whereabouts do you come from Frogger

If it is near me I have a Diawa 5 rod quiver that you are welcome to if you want to pick it up, as it is far too unwieldy for me once loaded with 5 rods, shelter, landing net, rod rests etc. etc.

It would come without the rod sleeves though as I use these to keep my better rods in.

You would probably need to keep your shorter 3 piece rods in the central partition in tubes to protect them as most rod sleeves are a bit too floppy if not full.

I find that if I need to take all my gear carp fishing then its far easier to carry all my rods, landing net and shelter in a conventional folded and zipped Carp rod holdall instead of having everything swinging around on the outside of a quiver.

For all my other fishing I only take the minimum of tackle and use smaller quivers with my rods (in the rod sleeves) clipped to the outside; but if I have more than three rods swinging about it gets a little bit naff.

I live in Hertfordshire just outside the M25 so if you are interested and can pickup the quiver then send me a PM.

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

Whereabouts do you come from Frogger

If it is near me I have a Diawa 5 rod quiver that you are welcome to if you want to pick it up, as it is far too unwieldy for me once loaded with 5 rods, shelter, landing net, rod rests etc. etc.

It would come without the rod sleeves though as I use these to keep my better rods in.

You would probably need to keep your shorter 3 piece rods in the central partition in tubes to protect them as most rod sleeves are a bit too floppy if not full.

I find that if I need to take all my gear carp fishing then its far easier to carry all my rods, landing net and shelter in a conventional folded and zipped Carp rod holdall instead of having everything swinging around on the outside of a quiver.

For all my other fishing I only take the minimum of tackle and use smaller quivers with my rods (in the rod sleeves) clipped to the outside; but if I have more than three rods swinging about it gets a little bit naff.

I live in Hertfordshire just outside the M25 so if you are interested and can pickup the quiver then send me a PM.

Thanks, but i ended up buying the Korum 5 rod quiver which seems ideal