River Seven Normanby

Tyke

Had 2 days fishing the River Seven at Normanby and i havent fished it for years so was looking forward to it.

I was shocked to find a silted up river with loads of sunken tree branches all over and lots of trees cut down.

It looked like a hurricane had been through and looked a right mess.

The fishing was very poor and a lot of the swims were devoid of fish.

Ive been fishing this river for 30 odd years and i was gutted to see it in shuch a state.

It need a good flush through and work doing on the banksides as most of the free stretch is unfishable.

The private stretch that im allowed to fish that belongs to the Bell family was also silted up in lots of places and lots of sunken branches again causing hidden snags.

The fishing was hard work and there was no sign of any chub or trout and all i cought was a few small grayling in the 2 days i was there.

I will try it again in the summer but im afraid it will never be the same river again.