'BivvyBoys'

Guest BarbLess

Guest Peter Waller

Allan Fawcett, Congratulations. That's why anglers need the close season, to allow for breeding.

Guest Keith
Originally posted by ALAN FAWCETT:

Now before you start tut tuting me let me explain something...

"Tut tut"?

Far from it Alan!

In fact, not only would I have - like you - inserted the rod section into the first available orifice, I'd have shoved it in sideways! mad.gif

He sounds exactly like the kind of inept, socially inadequate, immature, cretinous turd that drove me away from uk.rec.fishing.coarse.

Putting an end to these pillocks would sure be a positive contribution to humanity's gene pool!

------------------

Keith

Blyth,

Northumberland

mailto:keith@go-fishing.co.ukkeith@go-fishing.co.uk

http://www.wacacnet.co.uk

[This message has been edited by Keith (edited 08 July 2001).]

Guest Graham E

Fawcett. I want an explaination how you find any time away from fishing to do ANYTHING. Call yourself an ANGLER!

Heartiest congratulations to you both. Keep taking the tablets.

Guest Steve Burke

Blimey, this sounds like not road rage but rod rage!

I can quite understand you leaping to Dian's defence, and I think that many of us would have over-reacted in these circumstances. All credit though to you for wanting to apologise to the beginner. We all have to start somewhere. Mind you, he's probably been put off angling for life!

Finally, congratulations to both of you! When's the baby due?

------------------

Wingham Fisheries

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/fisheries/wingham.htm

Guest David Manager

I have been / am from time to time a bivvy boy so feel a need to come out of the closet...

Fished for 25 years+. Started on gudgeon in Cambridge town centre, roach on the Old West, bream, tench, discovered pike in the Fens, big chub, more tench (love em), discovered carp by mistake at Silver Street (in middle of Cambridge again) in 1979 thinking since 1976 they were too difficult to catch, using fishmeals in the early eighties and catching loads of tench and bream (great but not on 2lb test curves), went trout fishing for a few years, back to carp when I found a water opposite Hartford Marina that sounded very carpy.

Had a season of catching poor conditioned fish (singles) with the promise of stocking in future. Caught several that made me feel sick.

Woolpack next. Great fish, nice waters. But the Friday / Sat drinking sessions, all in one or two swims put me right off.

At that time the bivvy boys had me going as well. So why am I one? I fish to relax and like just having the rods out, in the fresh air, whilst reading a book.

Job and commitments mean I have little time so do not want to run around the lake even if it might mean more fish.

There, said it.

But give me a lake with no-one on it or a little corner to myself and I am up and about again. For a short while....!

Guest ALAN FAWCETT

Thanks Peter/Graham/Steve/Keith

I will admit that am willing to help any newcomer to the sport i love but this idiot just went a bit overboard,what is the use of puting the T/C on the rod if you ain't going to read it? confused.gif

We don't know how far gone Dee is just yet cos we're still wiating for the scan appointment which the doc said would be sometime last week frown.gif

All Dee's been bothered about is the "lump" getting in the way of her fishing especially at Stoneys bash!!

I'm now getting all the wierd questions like "what happens if i hook a cat or a big carp?" it doesn't matter what the question is the reply's always the same "just gimme the rod" then it'll be "what do i do if you've got a fish on at the time?" the reply to that one is "Look we're gonna be on a lake full of AN regulars & i'm sure one of them will be able to handle a soddin fish" (i hope) biggrin.gif WIMMIN how the hell do they think of these bloody scenario,s?? confused.gif

Thanks again

------------------

TROGG (Alan)

my sites here

[This message has been edited by ALAN FAWCETT (edited 08 July 2001).]